Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone with a tape measure? - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone with a tape measure?

internets

Anyone know, for sure, the width of the Evora at its widest point? Ideally both with mirrors and without. Yes I know its listed on the Lotus web site as 2047mm with mirrors but I have heard several 'official' measurements all different. Thanks

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

• Gold FFM

Too wide for your garage mate.  Shame.  I know a good looking slim model that you might just squeeze in...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Oh great, thanks for the replies. My garage door is 1990mm wide but the rear arches on the Evora sure looks wide. My Esprit fitted ok though.

Sparky, not a yellow model by chance?

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

You might be able to get the car in with the mirrors folded, but you'll have to spend the rest of your life in the car. No room left to open the doors, which are quite wide themselves. :help: 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

My garage gets wider after the door, just the council would not allow a wider door...building regs at the time apparently! The Esprit and DeLorean fitted and could get out too :-P

Like you my garage widens inside. I had to go from an up and over door to a roller shutter door to get the Exige in. Being brick to brick it gives an extra 4 inches in width. Then went all posh and had it electric opening too to save getting in/out when leaving coming home :)

Ironically the garage (in a house thats only 15 years old) is now not considered a garage by the local council as its too narrow....

Black n gold

Ohh that's a good idea.....hmmm, beats Mr. A's angle grinder idea...although that does have some merit ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Way behind on reading posts and playing catch up but my garage door opening is very narrow as well and widens on entering but on the right hand side only.  My method of entering is to keep over to the left and only watch the left hand mirror and try and have it pass about 2cm off the frame.  If I do that I know I have more on the right and don't worry. The rear haunches are almost exactly the same width as the mirror tips so it just clears by about a centimetre more.  If you folded in the mirrors you might think you would get in fine but would then hit at the back so no point.  Wood block on the floor tells me when far enough in as garage isn't very long. I then slide seat all the way back every time and have rubber on the brick work so can open door hard against wall to get out and back in.  In fact getting in I usually put key in ignition and drop drivers door window first which helps a lot!  Who said I had to lose weight?

Mate over the road has just replaced both his doors with sectional door from Horrmann as he had no space for the roller shutter cassette overhead.  Put the tracks on the back of the front garage wall rather than use the frame and has gained an extra 135mm as he was in same position with his Boxster.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 2 months later...

Well just an update...it fits  :bounce:  :thumbsup:  in fact seems to fit better than the Esprit!

post-1877-0-70655800-1416173284.jpg

Next stop a roller shutter door which will give me an extra few inches when driving the car in, currently i have to fold the mirrors in a touch.  Not to mention the Homelink feature :D

• Like 1

Just picked it up this weekend, first saw the car end of August. Sold the Esprit back in the summer.

Hi Chris,

Do you miss the Esprit or was it the right time to part with it? How do you find the Evora? I notice it's an S, what's the power like? I could only afford an NA at the moment with keeping the Esprit but I wonder if I'll make the leap to S or keep the NA as it's my daily car and I am happy with the power it's got already. I drive differently thesedays and I always have my 400BHP Esprit if I feel the need for more power.

Regards,

David Walters

Always fancied an Evora and been looking for a few years for a good one so decided to put the GT3 up for sale not long after the MBW/Brooklands TLF event. Was looking at N/A's but blame Jamie @ B&C for the S, he lent me an S to test 'fit' in my garage and that's all he had at the time...apparently  ;) Mine is not a daily drive but power is fantastic, very rapid and good enough for me.

I was looking at a fully loaded Motorsport green N/A with paprika interior, stunning colour and loved the car but unfortunately the, non Lotus, dealer put me right off with his poor attitude. In theory you buy from a dealer for the backup and service and felt he did not offer either  :(

My S is low milage 'fully loaded' and even came with a nice surprise in the boot from the previous owner  :thumbup:

post-1877-0-90934300-1416221159.jpg

Wonder how much they are from Lotus ? :)

That cover is really smart, I may invest in an outdoor one soon!

I was lucky when I bought my Evora from Stratstone's in Leicester. The branch manager gave me a Lotus dealer sign! It was a squeeze to get it in the back! It will go on my garage wall one day.

Result, was going to buy one off you Bibs. I guess its the Lotus one as the storage bag has a sewn on label with LOT part number.

& I can vouch for Bibs one's quality.  It is the actual photos of one going onto an Aquamarine car on his shop link.  Cover in green with large Lotus badge.  Now 5 years old and been on all 4 of my cars when I go offshore for 4 weeks and still as god as new and comes with storage bag etc.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Brave man driving the car in ........i've got 30cm each side of the mirrors best case and i've never been brave enough to do anything other than reverse it in. 

Mine you i've got to do a million point turn in a narrow lane first which doesn't help.