free hit
counters
Poor old S2.2 couldn't leave it there.. - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Poor old S2.2 couldn't leave it there..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, franjipane said:

Did you get the tanks from Axminster Andy?

I made my own

IMG_3211_zpsccnit1ul.jpg

The day Jake got his car he had just washed it.

20150214_133304_zpscxondc1u.jpg

Jake has stripped his car out and removed all the bolts that hold the body to the chassis he wants to lift the body off over Christmas so he can see his chassis,  but I cant see me having time to help him.

He is going to do a restoration post, so he says, but whether he will ever get round to it  I don't know, he never did when we restored his Excel.

Giorgio my car paint code is A68

Matt

The more the merrier :yes:

1 hour ago, Matt-watts said:

He is going to do a restoration post, so he says, but whether he will ever get round to it  I don't know

Tell him Bibs said to get on it, or I'll kick his butt next time I see him! I'm sure his work would be quite inspirational :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

I love the way old engines can come up looking so pristine and new. :thumbsup: 

The pity is that it then gets hidden away.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 4 months later...

I've made it more progress on the car... but still not finished it :(

20160514_172919_zpsvqy5gizo.jpg

I've made up a pipe to remove the small silencer to hopefully give the sound a bit more volume and depth, if it doesn't sound impressive enough I will just fit S1 stainless silencer as I know they sound great.

20160514_172839_zpsqrncihen.jpg

20160514_172946_zpsfzkxu5ia.jpg

20160516_152448_zpsn5jzquap.jpg

A lot of odds and ends to go back on but I'm getting there, most of the parts I have now restored and are ready to fit.

20160514_130010_zpsxhfjowow.jpg

Its time to move on to the leather trim, I'm going to recolonise it as its a bit faded.

20160514_125947_zpstwqvkj1v.jpg

I was determined not to keep with the rather crap original radiator (from a metro) and its easy rot cowling.

I purchased off eBay a new  jeep Cherokee aluminum radiator. its the full width, it looked good and was only £65

I fitted it on rubber vibration dampening mounts to and bottom so when I wack it on speed bumps it should survive, it fits so much better than the crap original.

20160516_152614_zpsawgbqnpf.jpg

I'm going to try and have the car finishes this summer. I've had it a year and a half now and its annoying me its not finished by now.

I've wanted a Lotus Esprit S2.2 since I was 19 years old, but just could not find one. I just cant wait to be driving it around.

Matt

The more the merrier :yes:

WOW !!! 

This looks awesome ! 

I'm also looking at upgrading the radiator....Could you post a link to the radiator you bought ? :)

Also did you have to do any modifications to it or is it a direct swap?

Vin Taylor

Amazing thread, I'm very envious of your skill but would have kept the original colour personally. Fair enough if you're keeping it, have it your way, it's so great that you've found and rescued a 2.2.

I don't believe I've ever seen one before. Really look forward to seeing this later in the year. Phenomenal job.

:thumbup:

Absolutely fantastic. This had me salivating and itching to do my own restoration... 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

Stunning colour .....

like the rad a lot - that's great - fans ?? Are they the eBay cheapies ?? Found them to be absolutely superb.......

Only here once

Amazing. How do you get engines and oily bits looking like that?

And a wife who is happy to have fuel tanks on the dining room table - she's a keeper.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Archived