free hit
counters
Poor old S2.2 couldn't leave it there.. - Page 3 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Poor old S2.2 couldn't leave it there..

Stunning Job, Please feel free to come and finish mine when your done! With any luck mine will be ready for next years event at Brooklands, it would be great to see them together. 

Paul

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17 May 2016 at 23:48, Matt-watts said:

20160514_172946_zpsfzkxu5ia.jpg

Custom brace across the back there? My car has the three bolts going straight through the body into the chassis, with no metal piece connecting them. 

I'm all for maintaining original colour, but you are going to stray this is one of the nicest colours on the S2.

• 4 months later...

No Antonio that brace is on all late S2 and S2.2 cars from late 1979 onward.

Well I had not done any more work on the car until two weeks ago when I decided I would try to finish the car for the Classic car show at the NEC, as I was asked to display one of my cars at the show, that would give me just under a month (there is nothing like a deadline to get you focused ehh ?)

So I spent a weekend getting it all running and every thing working, Jake took a short vid of it linked below

Youtube link here

I took the car out for a short up and down the street to see how it went, it seemed fine, I was very please as the car had not driven for 20 years. When I stood before the car in a terrible state in the yard where I brought it 2 years ago I longed for the day I would get it moving again and looking like something I would be proud of.

I have since reconolised all the interior leather and fitted most of it, I fitted all the glass yesterday

20161030_155027_zps4pz0otxz.jpg

Binnical now satin black to stop reflections

20160919_133304_zps540k0bxm.jpg

20161030_155036_zps2mtnqvhy.jpg

20161030_155052_zpsutgxkcjt.jpg

The bonnet is now on and the firewall panel is fitted, I still have a very long to do list and under two weeks but I should get it done.

Matt

The more the merrier :yes:

• 1 year later...

I have the same question as Stuart about the block?

Matt have you had any other Esprit other than S1 & S2??

Hi Mike

I Vapour blast my engines I then paint the outside of them so they stay looking good for years.

I've had lots of Esprit's and driven most models but I prefer s1s and S2.2s

I finished the car 16 months ago I just never got round to posting anything up

Short walk around of the car

The car will be at the restoration show at the NEC this weekend

Matt

The more the merrier :yes:

Archived