Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Winter work to be done - what do you have planned - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Winter work to be done - what do you have planned

Dave Freeman

So the nights are drawing in and I have a list of stuff to do, it's not stopping me using the car but these odds and sods need doing.

1. Firstly I have a number of water leaks, front drive side large rubber hose, leaks.

2. Alloy pipes on passenger side front leak, this might end up as copper tube.

3. I have other minor leaks so it may be a full set of hoses, done well really I have had the car 18 years and never replaced any off them, 2 engines but no hoses.

4. Speedo is erratic, need some help here chaps, need to know how to repair

5. I found my car on utube, leaving duxford car show in 2011, car looked great but the noise it made was a bit mutated, is the exhaust loud enough, anyone followed me, what noise did it make.

6. The car was re sprayed about 10 years ago, I have lots of stone chips, another job to do.

Nice list, so what do you have in mind for your beast.

Dave

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New front wishbones

LOTAC suspension

new coil packs

engine out cleanup of engine and box

cylinder head gaskets

new clutch

removing seized lower links in the rear

straightening drivers side door

....the list is endless.

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

One more to add to mine, the gearbox oil, I have a small leak from a drive shaft, shame cos I should replace the seal but that's loads of work and it's such a small leak, just annoying.

Dave, that's an easier job than any on the list above!

That's good news as mine need doing as well together with the electric charge cooler pump. I have to move house first and then build a garage/barn before I can start.

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !

One more to add to mine, the gearbox oil, I have a small leak from a drive shaft, shame cos I should replace the seal but that's loads of work and it's such a small leak, just annoying.

Have you done it before? Took me loads of time the first time round a few weeks back (split it over a number of weekends...don't ask) but I reckon it can be done in 90 mins at a not too stressful pace. It's a good routine to know because the seals are really hit or miss - sometimes they last for ages, sometimes for less than a year.. 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

upper and lower rear links, Lotus poly bushes, sportscat, some carbon stuff, second repair of speedo, Futura wheelset rebuild needs to be finished, tires for those, front arb bushes, many small Things, cleaning up of the Whole front suspension, new complete suspension pref adjustable, cleaning of all radiators so they have to come off, possibly a new set of coolant hoses, and so on ;)

Parts are piling up and waiting for me to get cracking at it.

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Id love to have a winter list but garage still in re build state.

Jacques i have a mental note to follow your lead with all bits you do to your car, love the car cover, I have shown the mrs the photo and told her santa better bring me one for christmas.

Havent you already got v8 wheels on your car?

oh thanks Andy, but I think I am very much behind all the jobs that you Guys do to your Esprits ;)

Yes, I bought a set of AWI's last year, an I run standard tires at 285 and 235. Steers a lot better than standard Wheels. Removing the spare Wheel helps too.

But I have this set of Futura that I am renovating completely. Maybe I will add wider rims to adapt a set of 315 (think Sport 300), but I don't know yet.

I use Toyo Proxes T1 Sport assymetric, and I promise you they stick well ;)

Anyway, Ny list it pretty long, as I keep finding jobs to do.

The cover suits perfectly and is surely worth buying. Ask Bibs.

Kind regards,

Jacaques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

1. Clutch/flywheel/clutch master cylinder
  2. Port and Stbd fuel tanks
  3. Exhaust manifold and system
  4. Suspension overhaul & geo set up
  5. Brake upgrade
  6. New carpets
  7. Re-connollise and refurbish leather interior
  8. Re-trim interior roof panels
  9. Remove and refit windscreen
  10. Pump up tyres

Margate Exotics.

I have remembered one other to add to this list, apart from driving it Pete, the driver side headlamp pod has dropped one side, there appears to be no bush where the bolt goes thro, so the body is not flush around the pod.

I have some new bits, ie bushes, just need to heat the garage put the television on and get to work.

On this speedo issue, I seem to remember seeing a post on here showing exactly how the speedo should be repaired, can anyone point me in the right direction. Did see one post but did nit have much detail.