Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ian's S4s refurb - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ian's S4s refurb

If you are doing the water pump replace the bolt hidden behind the pulley wheel with a caphead one for easier removal at a  later date.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hmmmm. That is a stressed member as I found out when attempting to remove the effing bolts from it. Mine appeared to be in tension, but it could just be the way the car sits on the scissor lift, so I don't really want to drill any holes in it. Maybe a couple of very small holes perhaps 4mm could support a bracket though, because I don't really want to hang the pump from cable ties.

Is it galvanised? It doesn't look like it, but if it isn't, then it's off to be sandblasted and coated.

Margate Exotics.

But I'm not your average cable-tie guy!

I'm more of your "mount-it-on-a-nice-purpose-made-bracket-that will-take-an-age-to-design and-manufacture-because-I'm-such-an-anal-retentive" sort of chap! :harhar:

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

I managed to get the engine and box out this afternoon, with the assistance of my wife, of course. As it turns out, the unit came out with considerable ease, and I didn't have to tilt it hardly at all, just rotated it slightly and up it went. Splitting the box from the engine was a little fraught, with one bolt in particular giving the old "will it shear or won't it" feeling, but it came free eventually. The engine is now on its stand, and now I can get to the fuel tanks with ease.

2015-01-13133839_zps964c0588.jpg

2015-01-13133846_zpse7247b29.jpg

2015-01-13133903_zps7c9c23f7.jpg

2015-01-13160924_zps3491e29c.jpg

Margate Exotics.

Congrats man. Hey where's the "Chargecooler" nameplate?!

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Hmmm......

http://www.thelotuscentreonline.co.uk/Esprit-Name-Plate-Chargecooler-Lotus-Sport

They want 50 quid for it though. Bit steep. I'll keep an eye out on eBay if you want.

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

But I'm not your average cable-tie guy!

I'm more of your "mount-it-on-a-nice-purpose-made-bracket-that will-take-an-age-to-design and-manufacture-because-I'm-such-an-anal-retentive" sort of chap! :harhar:

No cable ties here.

IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2799.jpg

• Like 1

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• Gold FFM

I'm guessing Watford isn't the answer you're looking for?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Well, somewhere closer to home would be nice,  but actually I have just got off the phone to a company in Slough, H.T. Howard, they quoted £74.65 + VAT, and they can do it in the next couple of weeks. Plus, the guy I spoke to knew what he was talking about.

Reckon that's a good option, and not too expensive, either. Well, cheaper than a new flywheel, anyway. I shall probably deliver that tomorrow if I can.

Margate Exotics.

From memory when they have done the Blanchard grind  they need to reinstate the small step on the face.

Few more engine removal pics, showing the angle of dangle for the lift (it almost came up vertically), and how much I had to rotate the unit, which was only a few degrees clockwise. I did of course put plenty of bodywork protection around the aperture.

2015-01-13133457-1_zpsae80165f.jpg

2015-01-13133502_zps5479864a.jpg

2015-01-13133839_zps964c0588.jpg

Margate Exotics.

It's better than looking at tits on the Internet, then?

Should have the fuel tanks out later, assuming I don't get covered in Shell's finest and accidentally set fire to myself. Pics to follow, but only in the event of a successful extraction.

Margate Exotics.