Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ian's S4s refurb - Page 81 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ian's S4s refurb

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

You could rearrange Shan's cleaning station...

Pointless doing that. She’d only put it all back again.

I do have a few things in mind, but with a major job on already, they’re likely to be a hindrance.

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

G'wan, shuffle all her stuff around and take a photo.  Of your bruises.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Lockdown frustration update -

Had a message from Connaught to say they’ve finished the dynamic balancing however I’m still waiting on the cylinder head exhaust port machining, and final head assembly. To be honest, none of this matters as yet because there’s no sign of any main bearing shells from Garry Kemp.

On a different note, all our windows have been cleaned, with just the penthouse suite to go, and the metre-long seedum plant that had grown above the utility room Velux has been removed. All this was achieved without any falls from ladders and subsequent visits to A&E, so I’m calling that a win. Despite the best efforts of a total numpty who’s never grown anything else but a beard, the new batch of various varieties of chilli appear to be thriving. Quite why this is, is beyond me, but they seem to like being warm, and out of direct sunlight, something I never would have thought.

7F8737A6-BECA-4A84-A7D8-1123FE2AD43A.jpeg

DA986D15-7CBD-4F2F-9483-359E5D99E0AB.jpeg

Margate Exotics.

Seems odd to me but in a similar way my backyard grass sheltered beneath a patio table grows faster than neighbouring lawn exposed to direct sunlight. 

That's as far as I'm prepared to go on isolation induced alternative topic discussion. 🤐

According to a local chilli producer, they like ‘diffused light’ rather than direct sunlight. As he grows them commercially in what looks to be a 200 foot long version of a massive poly-tunnel, I can’t argue with his logic. How can a plant that comes from Mexico and other such sunny countries not like direct sun? Beats me, but there you go.

I’ve just received a message to say the cylinder head work is proceeding, and following milling, the exhaust flanges now look like they’re going to provide a decent sealing surface, so that’s good news. I will see if there’s any movement on main bearing shells tomorrow, but I’ve got a feeling this rebuild isn’t going anywhere for a long time yet. Guess I’ll have to find something else to occupy my time, like waiting in a supermarket queue, aimlessly staring out of a window, or posting shite on Facebook.

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, drdoom said:

Seems odd to me but in a similar way my backyard grass sheltered beneath a patio table grows faster than neighbouring lawn exposed to direct sunlight. 

That's as far as I'm prepared to go on isolation induced alternative topic discussion. 🤐

I seem to remember from decades ago in Biology class, that plants rotate to the sun by means of a mechanism where the strong light slows growth, weaker light promotes it so the new growth of plants leaves & stem put a bend in the growth until ti's even on both sides.

• Gold FFM

Sheer genius, and guaranteed to improve handling.  Why I didn't think of it, I'll never know.

BTW is that Kent Cams CD any good?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

45 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Sheer genius, and guaranteed to improve handling.  Why I didn't think of it, I'll never know.

BTW is that Kent Cams CD any good?

Philistine. The Kent cams thing is the angle finder.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

Philistine. The Kent cams thing is the angle finder.

The one you said you looked for but could not find ,  Knowing all along Shan would find it for you. :sofa:

21 hours ago, CHANGES said:

The one you said you looked for but could not find ,  Knowing all along Shan would find it for you. :sofa:

Apparently it was in a box marked ‘Engine Building Tools’. I’d never have found it.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Yes!  You'll have it back together and on the road for...for...

I got nuffin

Ha ha! Yeah, the Danish NHS equivalent kindly asked everyone via national tv, to lessen the amount of home rebuilding projects as well as extreme gardening projects, as they have too many damaged people coming in...

Kind regards,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Main bearing shells arrived, cue much rejoicing at Margate Exotics. Until I opened the box, which once again contained a wrong mix. This time it’s 5 plain, and 5 hole and groove. And guess where the only stock of the outstanding plain and hole is? Yup, I put it in in the post back to the supplier yesterday along with the others. So, I’ve now got to wait until they receive the package, box one bearing shell up and send it back to me. Hopefully it’ll be the right one, but the track record isn’t good. This is on top of another supplier who sent me a secondhand coolant hose and a set of valve spring seats that were rusty.

However the delay meant that I got all the remaining valves lapped in, and set about repairing the coolant stub pipes on the head with plastic metal. I’ve also filled some small imperfections on the exhaust flanges faces, more cosmetic than anything else. Tomorrow I can sand the stuff back, and assemble the head.

Margate Exotics.

49 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Main bearing shells arrived, cue much rejoicing at Margate Exotics. Until I opened the box, which once again contained a wrong mix. This time it’s 5 plain, and 5 hole and groove. And guess where the only stock of the outstanding plain and hole is? Yup, I put it in in the post back to the supplier yesterday along with the others. So, I’ve now got to wait until they receive the package, box one bearing shell up and send it back to me. Hopefully it’ll be the right one, but the track record isn’t good. This is on top of another supplier who sent me a secondhand coolant hose and a set of valve spring seats that were rusty.

Crooks, idiots, or both ?