Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora GTE Registry - Page 42 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora GTE Registry

TBD

1 minute ago, 21gg said:

Cheers Justin, what were you in? Its funny, a lot people don't know what it is, even some die hard lotus fans. With the Bicester trip and getting it serviced its now got 500 miles more!

I was in my 12c, which is just shy of 28,000 miles. It was too wet when I started out from Surrey to take the 340R. Great to see so many Lotus (Excel, plenty Esprit, Evora - yours was wow! - Elan 26, Elise) and some lovely Jaguars. Too many Porsche for my liking but the green 930 with matching green trim, circa 1980, appealed.

Justin 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
55 minutes ago, Jukka said:

I just found that #20 is for sale. Some calculations and discussions with better half is needed now.

Good luck. You will obviously be looking for a LHD.

Mine is #8 a RHD and is for sale here at this dealership.

Yes good luck. It has been for sale for most of its life, so not new to the market. Ishy above was the first owner, so can tell you all you need to know. I am sure it will be perfect. Of those 20 Lotus Motorsport cars, 12 were originally bought by guys on here, but I think only a couple of us still own them.

29 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

Fab :wub:

I've been in that car. It is totally immaculate and bloody lovely. All the stripes etc are all painted on by the factory and lacquered over.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Like C8RKH I have been in the car the last time it was for sale and totally agree the car is stunning and probably as good as the day it came out of Motorsport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Like C8RKH I have been in the car the last time it was for sale and totally agree the car is stunning and probably as good as the day it came out of Motorsport.

I still own the car and it’s with this dealer on sale or return so if it doesn’t sell this time I will keep it. 🥰

• Like 2

Yes, I'am looking for LHD. We have RHD Elise (Wifes car), it's not best solution here. And Evora is much wider, so more complex to use. So, #20 is interesting.

I have spent some hours to read this thread, mainly I tried to understand what GTE is. Of course I have seen all comments before.

To get car registered here in Finland the CoC is mandatory and also EU-level type approval is needed. Is it so that GTE is officially Evora S? If so, then registration should be easy. I have bought N/A Evora from Italy, so I should know the prosedure.

My current Evora, N/A IPS 2011, is like 'semi-daily' driver. I mean it is used all year round when needed. Not sure if I can do this with GTE.

My countrys stubid car tax is something I have to take into consideration. This tax will be about 40%!! calculated from cars average value.

As far as i am aware they all say evora s or evora s sport racer on the v5. There are ones that were pre registered, ie 11 and 12 plate like mine. The later ones i belive were sva'd similar to a kit car so i would check to see if you can get a coc for them. I suspect not. 

Gav 

1 hour ago, 21gg said:

As far as i am aware they all say evora s or evora s sport racer on the v5. There are ones that were pre registered, ie 11 and 12 plate like mine. The later ones i belive were sva'd similar to a kit car so i would check to see if you can get a coc for them. I suspect not. 

Gav 

So for Finland an early car with a split invoice then, say 60K for the car plus 40K for 'additional preparation work'.

Something like that, probably. So #20 is not for me, unfortunately. #11 is in German reg. So if I want GTE, it should be earlier than #11.

I'll ask from Lotus about CoC. 

If you can get a coc i presume youre ok. Now if one is registered as an evora s then surely its value is theortically less. You need to clarify if you can get a coc. 

Thomas' one was pre registered which helped him registered i. Germany . 

R20 been sold at Auction for 69k to Komotec going to be interesting what they do to it, I have been in the car last time it was for sale and it was stunning inside and out, just don’t understand why it sold at a such a low price?

Wow one of the most iconic cars to come out of Lotus Motorsport in there recent history and now the department as sadly gone, come on only 20 built. I think you are being a bit disingenuous to one of the best cars if not the best to come out of Hethel in the 30 years 

It will be very interesting to see what Komo-Tec do with #20 and whether they will retail it or have they bought it on behalf of a customer. If the latter we might never know what the re-sale price is and the true value. It certainly won't be re-sold at £69k (circa. €80). What will the on the road costs be in Germany, will they have to charge VAT for example? £69k is not a true reflection of the value of this car or any of the original 20 GTE's produced by Lotus.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I have to say that even today, 8 years later, that does look so, so, good! Cracking picture that of a beautiful car. Any idea what happened to it? Anyone know who's car it is? RHD so can't be too many options....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yes could well be #10. It was a well used factory car prior to re-working into GT350.

I think he then took it straight onto a Euro tour. I seem to remember a photo it parked next to an old German U Boat at a maritime museum in Northern Germany. Not long after he upgraded to the LHD Carbon body car didn’t he, after its sale to the USA fell through?

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight
  • Like 1