Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
pnm brake kit installed - Page 3 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

pnm brake kit installed

I am surprised they recommended Green Stuff? I think they fitted Hawk pads to mine over 8 years ago and they are still like new and produce next to no brake dust. Maybe it may be availability factor and the Hawk aren't available anymore?

If you go onto the Hi-Spec website they will list the fitment so you can buy alternative pads.

I bought a a used set of hispec and they came with a hawk and also a set of blue pagid pads.

Regards the rear I thought I read that the Elise rear calipers is a good version to use.

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

You got that ol banger back on the road yet Chris ? ;)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

No Paul I still need to pull the engine, now spring seems to be on its way I'll get on with it. She is going to get a few upgrades,

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Well,

I have the 6 piston calipers up front and the anti squeel shims only help the center piston. This is why they were squealing so bad. I replaced the pads with hawk and greased them.

post-16848-0-29488800-1426174254.jpg

Quick question from me - what size brake spanner will I need to fit the pipe connections to my standard (bendix) calipers?

I need to remove my rears for a refurb and just want to make sure I have all the right spanners ready before I start the strip down this weekend...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• 2 weeks later...

I remember having to find all sorts of spanners to remove and fit the pipe connections (front and rear), including proper flare nut spanners. Try 15mm, 17mm and (I forget the last one). I think I also had a 10mm flare nut spanner.

I fitted a PNM brake kit to my SE front wheels. Thank god I did some work on the car recently.. and noticed an error I made with the installation of the brakes. The LEW instructions, I recall, said it was ok to remove the heatshields. It didn't mention putting the heatshield bolts back in though. These provide a second securing point for the steering arms!

:huh:  

The certifying engineer also missed it.

Edited by Qavion

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Wondering if someone can help with this one. I have purchased the PNM brake upgrade, I went for: 321mm 6 piston two piece front and the 321mm two piece 4 piston rear set up. I have OZ Nova wheels and my car is a 1999 V8 SE so am using the kit for the '1993 onwards Lotus (including V8)' option. The fronts fit with no problems at all. The rears are fitted but the wheel will not go fully on! they hit the caliper before go all the way on. There is no where near enough clearance. I'll call the guys at PNM on Monday but just wondering if anyone has fitted the rear kit with OZ Nova wheels? Can't see anything on the website that indicates they don't fit with these rims.

Cheers

Greg

PNM's website says 

Lotus Esprit Rear 321mm Two Piece Kit (4 Piston Caliper)

High performance complete rear upgrade brake kit for the Lotus Esprit with 321mm two piece rotor and bell. Please state Alloy wheel type when ordering (Oz Nova V8 rear wheels need a slightly modified kit due to the dish of the wheel, all other V8 OE wheels are fine)

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Thanks Travis, didn't see the fine print! I had the Saturn's on when I ordered them back in 2013 so probably skipped over reading that. I'll call them and get the mod required.