Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 20 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

I love the fact they've taken pictures of the disguised one but non of the one behind that has barely any!

Gav

Why bother disguising it?

Probably too attract attention to the fact that it is new and full of secret sauce! You don't test secret stuff in public if it's really meant to stay secret

I'm sure you're right Joe, if they left it without the special ops paint job not many would have noticed it was the new one.

How long before we're seeing those graphics wrapped on super cars posing round London? Looks like the next big thing to me ;)

I'm sure you're right Joe, if they left it without the special ops paint job not many would have noticed it was the new one.

How long before we're seeing those graphics wrapped on super cars posing round London? Looks like the next big thing to me ;)

I wonder if they could vinyl wrap an old school Evora with a fullsize picture of a 400? Cheapest way to upgrade ;)

Love it love it love it - oh yes, I'm gonna give up alcohol and start putting my beer money in the pot for this.

However, just like with the S - I much prefer to the two pipes of the Lotus Sport exhaust on my 2010 NA model, rather than that triangularthingymejiggy that they use here too.  So an Evora 400 with two big pipes at the back and that is me happy as happy can be.....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I would like to take a moment to point out that a 6 second gain on a 1:38 lap time as seen on the Hethel test track article can not be achieved by just a 16% bump in power.  All those other bits are really doing their job.  The 400 is truly more than the sum of its parts.  That is why I'm so excited!!  

I think some aspects of the car look better wrapped than it did at Geneva!  Maybe it will catch on after all, round London.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I would like to take a moment to point out that a 6 second gain on a 1:38 lap time as seen on the Hethel test track article can not be achieved by just a 16% bump in power.  All those other bits are really doing their job.  The 400 is truly more than the sum of its parts.  That is why I'm so excited!!  

I like that it has a limited slip diff!  I added a Quaife to my Esprit, and it made a huge difference!

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• Gold FFM

I think some aspects of the car look better wrapped than it did at Geneva!  Maybe it will catch on after all, round London.

Me thinks it's almost worth getting the wrap done on my MY11 just to cause endless speculation on forums etc.   :getmecoat:

...just a thought...

Old interview (Geneva earlier this year) Interview in car magazine with new CEO re the Evora 400 here:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-events/geneva/2015/a-guided-tour-around-the-new-lotus-evora-400---by-the-chief-exec/

This bit really grabbed my attention and got my spine tingling quite a bit!!!

How crucial is the US in that plan?

'Extremely crucial. Last year we sold 300 2014 model-year cars because the latest car wasn’t US compliant. This car will go to the US in December, and help take us to 500 units – that’s why we’ve engineered side airbags into the 400. An Evora roadster is an easy job with this chassis, and that will take us to 700 units.'

Looks like the Evora Roadster is going to happen. Wow...... No need to buy a Mclaren spider now and why bother witha  458/488 spider at over 2x the cost?  Killer blow hahahaha.....

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Im sure I read somewhere that it will be a targa top roof. I always really wanted an Evora cab, until i got the GTE! Well may be if I ever get board.............never.

Gav

Looks like the Evora Roadster is going to happen. Wow...... No need to buy a Mclaren spider now and why bother witha 458/488 spider at over 2x the cost? Killer blow hahahaha.....

Is Lotus is planning on using a V8 570/650ps, 7 Speed Twin Clutch, Carbon Fibre tub, adaptable electronic/magnetic suspension, hard folding electric roof with Carbon Ceramic disks...?

Aurouge:

Is Lotus is planning on using a V8 570/650ps, 7 Speed Twin Clutch, Carbon Fibre tub, adaptable electronic/magnetic suspension, hard folding electric roof with Carbon Ceramic disks...?

No I don't suppose it is. But then, who needs all that when the Evora 400 Spider / Targa whatever will be 98% as good, 99% as fast on real roads, 97% or better on track and 50% of the price.  I know where my smart money would go, but accept that some people just want to pose...   :2guns: 

I also buy an Exige as a toy with the £15k - £20k I won't need to spend on new Carbon Ceramic brakes after 3 years.

Hahahaha - each to his or her own, you earned it, you have the right to spend it how you want.  :) :) :)

The small print.

I love open roof cars....  I'm slightly tempted to wait for the roadster. 

But then I think, there isn't a big enough space to store the targa top in the trunk/boot anyway, so I would probably never take it off.   :-/ Too much unanounced rain here to chance leaving it at home.

So likely to be a 2+0, which is ideal for me anyway. Now, where's that penny jar, I need to get filling it up.... :hope:

The small print.

$112K USA is pretty darn steep competition territory.

100k      GT-R  545HP with AWD      7:19  ringtime

100k      Vette Z06 /Zr1   650HP  with Magnetic adj. suspension   7:19 ringtime

90-120  Porsche (as mentioned)    7:19 ringtime

90-120  Maserati

95k       Viper  645 HP   RWD V10   7:12 ringtime

...  and let's not forget the $70k , top end American muscle cars like Ford GT500 Mustang,  Chevy Z-28 Camaro, and 707HP Dodge Hellcat.  They are laying down some pretty great ring times too... like 7:37.47  for the Z-28.

I ask you, is the Lotus 400 ready to hang with these cars?  I am very curious to find out how well it does.

I'm not saying the 400 won't be a blast to drive, it will!    and I still want one! 

But does that justify the price 'if' it can't run with these big dogs?

Edited by hyteck9

Don't forget that the £72k price includes taxes.

I wouldn't be surprised if the $ price is roughly $72k. (That is generally how UK/US prices work when things from here are sold over there).

• Like 1

100k      GT-R  545HP with AWD      7:19  ringtime

100k      Vette Z06 /Zr1   650HP  with Magnetic adj. suspension   7:19 ringtime

90-120  Porsche (as mentioned)    7:19 ringtime

90-120  Maserati

95k       Viper  645 HP   RWD V10   7:12 ringtime

...  and let's not forget the $70k , top end American muscle cars like Ford GT500 Mustang,  Chevy Z-28 Camaro, and 707HP Dodge Hellcat.  They are laying down some pretty great ring times too... like 7:37.47  for the Z-28.

I ask you, is the Lotus 400 ready to hang with these cars?  I am very curious to find out how well it does.

I'm not saying the 400 won't be a blast to drive, it will!    and I still want one! 

But does that justify the price 'if' it can't run with these big dogs?

The "Ring" is not the be all and end all, after all how many cars with great "Ring" times are actually bitches to live with as the ride is too darnn hard and unforgiving (Most German cars?)

All the cars you list are huge multi-national corporates that sell hundreds of thousands if not millions of cars a year and you are comparing, on price, a Lotus that barely sells 3,000 cars worldwide with them. Not a fair comparison in my mind. And also, If I'm spending £70k or more on a car, I like the fact that people will be intridued as to what my car is and I won;t see many on the road. You can;t say that about Vette's (in the US), Mustangs, GTR's, Porkpies, etc....

Look, at the end of the day sometimes you buy the Lotus BECAUSE you don't want any of the above.  We can all justify the purchase of a 400 to ourselves, and at the end of the day who cares what others think?

Would I have a Mustang, even a Shelby one - hell no. A GTR - no thanks, just think it looks ugly and heavy (which it is). The Porsche - no, I don't want my kids to think I'm either a dentist or a winker!.  The Maser, hmmm, now maybe and as for the Vette, yes, if it was in RHD I'd consider it, but probably go for the Evora 400 'cause at the end of the day it will drive and handle better.

But then I'm biased. And I know it. And damn it, I just dont care... :)

The small print.

Lotus stated that the USA market is 'critical' to their future plans.  I'm only trying to point out what they are up against here.

Small company - big company...  no one cares if its a fair comparison.

If a consumer is willing to drop X amount of dollars on a performance car, they are expecting X amount of performance for that dollar.   Ferrari, Audi, subaru..  whatever..  You just want to feel like you get what you pay for when you cross-shop the price range.

pretty simple.