Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora 400 - Page 34 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora 400

Bee

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

meeh lukewarm bit of a review here... but pics of the alcantara trim interior are wow...  And it does look good in orange, bright colours suit the car really well.

Edited by NedaSay

I hadn't read the article when I posted up as I'd just found it.

As above a generally positive review and many of our existing owner areas of wished for improvements addressed, but I can already hear the Chris Harris soundbites etc. if somebody like Autocrat is glowing.  

I'm going to stay off the negatives or disapointments I could find with one exception - those HIDEOUS letters on the dash :thumbdown: !  However lots of positives and I do like the new interior.  which looks considerably better.   Must say I just love the colour combo shown and wonder why they never used something like that at Geneva.  It does so many more favours for the car.

Looking forward to more on line finds and Evo's thoughts.  Oh yes and have to say, I'm looking forward to Bibs's as well. :unworthy:

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Hardcore? Takes some getting used to?

I know I'm picking the key words from the sub-headline...

Maybe he's too used to 'other' marques with 'different' characteristics?

As I'm in the market I'll be honest and say I was hoping for a better review off the bat. I'm sure there will be different, and better (and worse, maybe) reviews to come ;-)

More about the business initiative in norfolk than the car but some nice photos again showing a bright colour with the Black pack look good.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/business/lotus_stresses_its_norfolk_links_in_a_new_global_marketing_drive_1_4162771

post-7988-0-70670400-1437596363.jpg

post-7988-0-96706700-1437596379.jpg

post-7988-0-43678900-1437596385.jpg

post-7988-0-70776800-1437596397.jpg

We already have one; it's called TC Off.

I want a button with a picture of an exhaust!!!

• Like 1

Sudders and Dany

We already have one; it's called TC Off.

I want a button with a picture of an exhaust!!!

It took me forever to understand that the second button from the was the exhaust bypass to get the nice raucus.

I'm getting used to the lettering as the plastic underneath it looks too plasticky when bare, still hoping that Lotus will see fit to have a no cost delete option.  Other than that, the interior looks good, like a very nice place to be:

evora-400-ac-071.jpg?itok=10_-sqNf

Still that review is just not good, not what Lotus needs. And some problems appear to remain despite all the efforts made by the company to remedy them ; the gearbox is still the weakest link according to Prior - Leads to wonder how much does the Getrag 6MTT480 would cost - and of course Porsche was to be mentioned but then again whenever a new Lotus comes around Porsche is mentioned so no surprise there.

Still hope to see and read somewhat less downbeat reviews in the next few days.

Edited by NedaSay

It's not a bad review really. Prior at least is a decent road tester and the best that Autocar now has and doesn't have a particular axe to grind. Other than the gear change and driving position (sure he mentions 'that' badge too :) ) it's quite positive.

It's not a Cayman xxx rival though and should be judged as an alternative to a 991, leave the Exige 4xx to handle the Caymans.

Pity about the gear change but I'm happy with the way the Exige shifts so that wouldn't bother me, but could put some off, which is a shame. Driving position ....is it the same in current Evora? Odd not to try and improve but until I drive it not too worried.

So praise with faint damning. Not as gushing as the GT4 reviews, but you didn't really expect that, be honest :)

Black n gold

Orange and yellow paint work very well I think, very unsure about the interior, no more metal knobs, I am afraid no leather covered sills, large Piece of plastic in the cente console (under the Lotus lettering)........tastes are different but I think the int does not look as special than before, but will have to see it in the plastic... :-)

Jesus.

Are there similar alternatives for us old-school Evora owners?! I know the rears are wider, but damn. That beats my 9k...

Yes, MPSS are available in "our" sizes.

I guess it also comes down to compound.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Thoughts on 'That' badge had been fed back to some very senior people at Lotus.

If they really are insistent on plonking the tailgate badge onto the dashboard, it might be worth suggesting they ensure all the letters are stuck down properly on the press cars, at least.

• Gold FFM

40,000 Miles.  No. Frickin'. Way.  That's insane!

So is the Autocar the only review up so far?  I periodically search but can't seem to find anything else.... *cough* Bibs :P

sorry - this just in:

http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/lotus/evora/400/first-drive

And a happy read!

• Like 2

I just cannot see past that Lettering on the dashboard - I had not realised that Norfolk was so close to Essex and some chavs had infiltrated the design team way out in Norfolk!   :2guns: Apologies to anyone in Essex who does not wear a shell suit everyday and as an original scouser I know how much those old jokes hurt  :harhar:

Re the Autocar review - to be honest, I don't understand the negative comments on here about it. I read it last night on my mobile when it was published whilst waiting for BA to fix the brakes on the Airbus we were on - I think they'd got the 50% off brakes and mot from Kwik Fit last month!). I thought the reviewer was pretty fair to be honest, raised some good points and raised some areas where he thought it needed more work. As far as the driving was concerned it was a very good road test review. Obviously the comparisons with the Cayman don't help (as the Evora looks pricey next to it) but with the 911 they were OK (where the Evora looks good value tbh).  To fix this, the Lotus Marketing guys really need to impress on the Journo's where they have pitched the car (against the 911) and why it is pitched there and not at the Cayman. They need to point out the Exige (especially the CUP) is the true comparator for the Cayman (especially the GT) etc.

I think the mechanics, designers etc. have done a great job (just for christ's sake lose those bloody stupid Lotus Letters from the dash and those bloody stupid anal American reflector thingies - yes, I noticed them right up again!  :)  ) and  now the Lotus Marketing people really need to up their game and press home the key messages around where the car is pitched. £75k for a 911 alternative is good value when you look at the spec.

The car sells itself, the pictures I have seen now include a black, yellow, silver and orange one and they all look stunning and the shape of the car (even the front) is really starting to grow on me and I like it. In fact, I like it a lot and from the back I think it looks really really good.

One question, with the move from Pirelli's to Michelin's, is this something I should look at for my "old" Evora NA as I am due some new tyres in around 1500 miles. Anyone used the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on an NA? Would appreciate the views from people who have swapped.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!