Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sector111 micro mirror in an Evora? - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Sector111 micro mirror in an Evora?

That's a lot of money for a mirror that doesn't even have anti-dazzle - essential for a car as low as the Elise imho.

I fitted a Mk1 Golf mirror. Bit of a pita to get on the Elise stalk (easy to break the windscreen getting it out of the car, and the mirror getting it off the Golf stalk and on the Elise one) but it looks far better than the original mirror. New one's are available for about £80 if you search around.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I might not even fit it!  Just take the old one off and put the new in the glovebox ready to go in case i get stopped whatever.  Got three years before the MOT anyway lol...

And the 410 has wing mirrors the size of an elephant compared to the S1's.

But then, having said that, i quite like watching the accelerator linkage thingy going up and down in the mirror on the 410. Never noticed it in the S1.

Argh, too many hard decisions in life... I need a beer.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

6 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

i quite like watching the accelerator linkage thingy going up and down in the mirror on the 410. Never noticed it in the S1.

***Evora nerd alert***

I think that you’re actually looking at the vacuum actuator for the supercharger. So, your previous NA obviously wouldn’t have had one. For the Evora S, it’s on the other side of the engine, so not visible through the rear view mirror. 

:geek:

A vacuum actuator you say! Bloody 'ell. No idea what your on about so can feel a session on google coming up! But it is fun to watch it go up and down lol... I sometimes get so fascinated with it i forget to watch where I am going.....

Thanks for that Jonny... :)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Here ya go Andy...

I know it's for a 2.0L and it's a slightly different layout, but basically, the actuator you see controls the waste gate/overflow when you're on/off throttle. When you are ON throttle, it closes the smaller butterfly valve and when you are off throttle it opens it. This means the boost is regulated.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Enjoyed that, thanks @CocoPops!

So, just to keep on track and stop the mods from getting over zealous, I think i might miss seeing that thingy going up and down so will be putting the micro mirror in the car!    

The small print.

Something to do while we wait to hear back from @Seriouslylotus! Thing is his 311 has arrived at Hoffman’s so I’m not surprised that he’s been a bit preoccupied!

It has indeed, I saw it when I collected the Elise yesterday.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

And you didn't take any piccies!    Argh!!!!!!!!

The small print.

:sofa:

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I might not even fit it!  Just take the old one off and put the new in the glovebox ready to go in case i get stopped whatever.  Got three years before the MOT anyway lol...

Don't think you need one for MOT.  Mine passed last month without one.

• 4 weeks later...

@Seriouslylotus any feedback on this?

• 1 year later...

I have decided that the rear view mirror in my Evora is too large and obstructs part of my forward vision . I find myself occasionally having to duck to get a better view.

Has anyone fitted the Sector 111 micro mirror or similar.

Sector111 used to have a smart CF micro mirror which fitted nicely to some of the early Elises.

I know there is a thread on this topic from a few years ago. However I was hoping for more up to date information.

Thanks

On 02/05/2018 at 07:42, C8RKH said:

But then, having said that, i quite like watching the accelerator linkage thingy going up and down in the mirror on the 410. Never noticed it in the S1.

YES, and nothing else to watch back there

On 22/07/2019 at 04:17, aus-exigent said:

I have decided that the rear view mirror in my Evora is too large and obstructs part of my forward vision . I find myself occasionally having to duck to get a better view.

Has anyone fitted the Sector 111 micro mirror or similar.

Sector111 used to have a smart CF micro mirror which fitted nicely to some of the early Elises.

I know there is a thread on this topic from a few years ago. However I was hoping for more up to date information.

Thanks

I’ve got one. From Hangar 111 iirc.

Not CF but ally.

I had it in my Exige 350 before but the Evora has the same mirror plinth so it went straight on.

Good mod. The standard mirror is unnecessarily huge for the size of the rear window.

• 3 years later...

After I sold my sector111 micro mirror back in 2015… regretted it ever since…

managed to grab one recently, so have it in my Cup250FE!! Whoop!!!

• Like 1