Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Eletre - Page 23 - Eletre & Emeya Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Eletre

auRouge

Not sure if this has been mentioned but if you install the Lotus Cars app there is a full user manual available for the Eletre.
This reveals lots of interesting information - like the service schedule (spoiler - it's every 2 years).

• Thanks 1

I wonder how soon we will see he first one up for re-sale,- any if anyone tries to flip for a profit.

Did any "flippers" really make a killing on an Emira? Why do we think they would on an Eletre?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

We both had approximately 45minutes driving this morning on various road surfaces in and around Bradford including motorways.

Certainly the way the car behaved and accelerated on different surfaces and situations we were both impressed with this heavy (for a Lotus) car.

Definitely no complaints about the quality of parts and their finish, although we were surprised that there was some gold/chrome finishes in very close proximity to each other (drive switches and cup holder surrounds). We have driven a few cars with HUD but the Eletre’s is IMHO the best by a long way, if we had known about how far the car could be lowered we would have opted for the 20” wheels rather than the 22” for better range.

Thank you to Lorraine and Akeel at JCT600 for your knowledge and time today 

• Like 2

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Forgot to mention the “Lotus 75 years” tag on the B pillar, seen when doors are open 

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

There were a number of nods to Lotus history around the car. The drivers seat on the car seen at SWLC had a few signs that it may have issues after more/heavier use. The seats in the back (3 seater),  had a few faults in the fabric, did not take a pic of this (forgot to take too many yesterday), this was a production spec car. If this was delivered to me as a customer then would be saying that these need to be replaced.  It looked like faults were in the fabric not marks/dirt.

• Like 2

Very successful test drives so far, only complaint by some is a 10 month wait to get one if they have not ordered yet.

It is interesting taking customers out after they have turned up in a RR Sport or another suv and hacking towards a corner and not slowing for it, watch them brace brace brace and then realise it goes round a treat!!! Only one customer so far has given chase to a Golf GTi down our twistie road route and the Golf was most perturbed that we stuck with him through the twisties and then down the straight at um, er 60!!!! 🤣

• Like 1

Lotus cars are rocking up to Exeter (next week?) to carry out 3 days worth of test drives. Think they are for a 2 hour slot, rather than the dealer 1 hour. Certainly Lotus were at B&C a week or so ago as B&C reported on their FB page that they had done loads of test drives. Don't think they kept to the scheduled test route though.

10 minutes ago, JB said:

It is interesting taking customers out after they have turned up in a RR Sport or another suv and hacking towards a corner and not slowing for it, watch them brace brace brace and then realise it goes round a treat!!!

They must get a go after you have showed them some of its capabilities?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JB said:

Very successful test drives so far, only complaint by some is a 10 month wait to get one if they have not ordered yet.

It is interesting taking customers out after they have turned up in a RR Sport or another suv and hacking towards a corner and not slowing for it, watch them brace brace brace and then realise it goes round a treat!!! Only one customer so far has given chase to a Golf GTi down our twistie road route and the Golf was most perturbed that we stuck with him through the twisties and then down the straight at um, er 60!!!! 🤣

60 your glasses must have been a little foggy, me thinks 

• Haha 1

Darryl & Sue

3 hours ago, JB said:

through the twisties and then down the straight at um, er 60!!!! 

try being a dealer in Wales at er 20 ish.

If you had 6 days then you must have more deposit holders etc in your area. Think that down here, in the forgotten countryside, there are somewhat less.

So did you have more than 1 car available in each time  slot?

• Like 1

Yes we are only behind Surrey as for depositors. 

We had 2 cars to drive and one in the showroom which was great. The 2 guys we had from Lotus top help were excellent too. Really good week.

• Like 2

So which variants did the factory bring for these test drives. Exeter have a base for their test drives.

4 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Lotus cars are rocking up to Exeter (next week?) to carry out 3 days worth of test drives. Think they are for a 2 hour slot, rather than the dealer 1 hour.

Oooer that sounds like fun...  Since my test is booked for the 10th does this mean I get extended or is it special customers only???

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

The booking system shows that factory tests/introduction to the car are 2 hour slots whereas the Hendy ones are 1 hour - but on days the factory ones are scheduled there are no slots for the Hendy drives ???- have no idea if the actual drive is the same length.  So you may be booked in for a factory slot?????

I may happen to pop in when they are setting things up, to see what's up. I have not got one on order but got an email from the factory to book a drive. The Hendy guy was talking about booking drives to a number of folks at SWLC on Saturday, no mention of having a deposit or the cash to put one down.

On the Eletre FB group some guys have had 2 drives - seem to be non UK though.

4 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

I have not got one on order but got an email from the factory to book a drive.

That's my position.  I went to the Hendy/Lotus launch event (as you did) and I told Lloyd/Elliot that I was interested.  Then I got that email from the factory to book a slot, so I did!  

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

9 hours ago, MPx said:

Then I got that email from the factory to book a slot, so I did!  

Well it would be rude not to, after getting an invite.

i spec'ed one with almost everything at £168k there is literally no communications at all apart from  trying to sell me some stuff like finance, insurance and charging point.  last email about the order was in June saying delivery in Oct. Test drive? no, isn't supposed to be ordered customer get test drive opportunity first?.  Now in Oct,Not even an order update. really disappointed. ppl order in China has an app showing all the process stages. 

On 02/10/2023 at 16:34, exeterjeep said:

The booking system shows that factory tests/introduction to the car are 2 hour slots whereas the Hendy ones are 1 hour - but on days the factory ones are scheduled there are no slots for the Hendy drives ???- have no idea if the actual drive is the same length.  So you may be booked in for a factory slot?????

I may happen to pop in when they are setting things up, to see what's up. I have not got one on order but got an email from the factory to book a drive. The Hendy guy was talking about booking drives to a number of folks at SWLC on Saturday, no mention of having a deposit or the cash to put one down.

On the Eletre FB group some guys have had 2 drives - seem to be non UK though.

The 'factory' drives are 2 hours in order for customers to have a good chinwag with the guys from the factory and LDA who came to us. TBH our route is the same whether 1 or 2 hours!!

The overwhelming response is that it is very very good.

To those who have had no communication unfortunately not all dealers are the same and will chase up for you!!🤷‍♂️

On 02/10/2023 at 16:21, MPx said:

Since my test is booked for the 10th

Went in today, booked for the 9th. There was a line of 5 Eletre's parked outside, think the Lotus ones came on a transporter. Plus 1 in the showroom that has just been sold by Lotus. They cannot tell which models they are, but none seem to have loads of carbon/active grills etc, so they are probably base or S.