Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Eletre - Page 10 - Eletre Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Eletre

auRouge

Exactly it needs to be the same evolution that saw the Evora 400 step up quality, size etc from the Exige without losing the lotus part of the equation.

geely generally leave them alone to do what they do, I just pray it looks good and there are carbon options galoor cause they will be ticked, all of them :) oh and forged wheels...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I puked when I saw it. Friggin' awful.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Kev, for me psersonally, I think the world has more thsn enough SUV's and personally I would prefer Lotus focused on what it did best.

However, I also understand the harsh brutalities of the real world and that Lotus needs volume.

I hate the new SUV's from Bentley, Alfa, Ferrari, Lambo etc all as equally as much as I hate the Lotus one.

If you want a premium SUV buy a Range Rover. If you want a sports car, buy a Lotus, Ferrari etc.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

So it looks JMG and Geely are really set to go toe to toe  with the Germans with not one but two SUV, so a Maccan and a Cayenne competitor:

We're currently doing an analysis and there might be more segments where the Lotus DNA could be used. But for crossovers I'm not just thinking of one size, but a couple of sizes.

To read more :

http://europe.autonews.com/article/20180112/ANE/180109972/lotus-ceo-sees-suv-coming-with-help-from-new-stakeholder-geely

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 12/5/2017 at 19:12, Snoopy1969 said:

Exactly this, this Segment is already filled, Lotus should try to find a niche where they could be leader or semi-leader not sheep Nr. 5001 at the end of the row - what about 4 door coupe with room for 4 adults, thinking panamera in a more compact, semi lightweight Lotus way?

Is it? The guy I work for now has a BMW X3. How many different X series cars are there? Would BMW make so many variants if they could not sell them?

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I don't think this market segment has reached capacity yet, especially not in the premium market. However the early birds have made a killing and it will be harder for the late bloomers to make it big but it does look like the new Lambo Urus is going to no less than double the raging bulls sales number. Still this market is no guarantee for success as the Maserati Levante illustrates. 

Should Lotus take full advantage of the CMA and SPA architecture and all the while be able to design a completely bespoke body for the car and if it looks as good in the metal as the patent designs do then they would have a worthy contender. If Geely put all their weight behind it then it shoud sell well enough in China which is the main target. However being based on the CMA or SPA toolkit and having access to the group parts bin makes the car global so a 10,000 vehicles per annum doesn't sound that far fetched. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, jonwat said:

New from Autocar  :thumbup:

Interesting developments... For the longest time that the 1st Lotus SUV was anticipated to be in the Maccan specter of all things SUV now it is deemed to be closer to the Levante in size which means much closer to a Cayenne!  So I guess in order to get sub 2 tons it will need a whole lot of carbon fiber, beefed up everything suspension wise, possibly air ride as standard and a price tag comfortably north of 100k. Oh and it will indeed go head to head with the Porsche Cayenne... But I guess that using Volvo's SPA  it will be quite cost effective to build they could use LEVC plant in Coventry and/or Chengdu Geely-Volvo hub. 

The way I look at it Lotus will emulate  closely - but at a much higher pace - Porsche development plan from some 30 years ago. They are also possibly going back to a 4 cyl line up  before switching to an EV line up. 

If they can make the jump straight to a 4cl petrol Hybrid with Volvo bits (that's cheaper than a Porker) then they'll compete. I currently own a Hybrid SUV, check out the efficiency. 

IMG_6391.PNG

That's a lot of mpg indeed a lot of money saved that will contribute to a lot of refuels for your Elise no doubt.

I'm pretty sure the car will get the best of what Volvo has to offer including some tune of the 2L Hybrid powerplant, we know the thing is good for 400bhp+. And with Lotus dynamics this SUV will give the Maccan/Cayenne a run for their money.

• Like 2

Haha..

I probably own the Lightest and heaviest cars in the village!! 

From the article below it's looking very promising! JMG gets his hands on Volvo parts bin!!!

I used to own an XC60 before the X5... it was excellent. Clarkson always said his XC90 was the brilliant, so so promising for Lotus to nail this!! :)

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/lotus-suv-use-volvo-underpinnings-and-have-class-leading-handling

• Like 2