Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
If you love your dogs... - Page 14 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

If you love your dogs...

Loose Cannon

Tim, unfortunately these problems with certain owners / breeders (not breeds!) are very real, so I don't think there's much harm in discussing it, as long as we all stay polite and respect each others point of view (instead of enlarging the differences).

We all seem to agree the irresponsible owners and breeders are the ones to be exterminated. But that's not gonna happen... It would be a start to solving some other problems like overpopulation as well though, so I don't see the problem. 😁

On a more happy note, I'm very much looking forward to a long walk with our furry friend tomorrow. 🙂

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 14/02/2024 at 07:00, Escape said:

We all seem to agree the irresponsible owners and breeders are the ones to be exterminated.

100% absolutely agree with this.

I don't "hate" dogs per se, I just want dog owners to respect that not everyone likes dogs and not everyone is comfortable around dogs.

It's actually about respect.

Seeing a well behaved dog, with a responsible owner, both having fun, but respecting peoples individual rights, is a joy.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 1 month later...

My dog insurance has gone from £24 a month to £88😠

• Sad 1
  • Shock 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Due to vet costs as the sector has fallen victim to big businesses. Costs are running out of control and there are fewer and fewer independents. 

The big firms have layers of management and shareholders to feed. They've put up basic charges across the board and steer customers to buying medicines from them at inflated prices. 

It's gonna get worse, Government needs to intervene.

Justin 

• Like 1

It's the same over here. The shelter where I help out used to have a real good vet close by. She obviously cared genuinely about the animals and would make sure costs would stay withing reason. But then her practice expanded, with several other vets, becoming a company instead of a one-person operation. Prices started rising (in some cases doubling) and no extra efforts were being made for the shelter, just treated as another number in the line. Which meant they had to look for another vet, as the cost became too high to bear. 😞 

Luckily they have found an alternative, fingers crossed that will work out in the long term. Still a shame, as Carla, the original vet obviously has a heart for animals and really helped out when the shelter moved to their current location. But now she too has to play by the company rules...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

If you've not noticed, this is exactly what has happened to GP practice in the UK.

Only this time it is the NHS that is getting ripped off and patients are just left to suck up and increasingly poor service and experience as the GPs partners fill their boots.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

16 hours ago, C8RKH said:

If you've not noticed, this is exactly what has happened to GP practice in the UK.

Only this time it is the NHS that is getting ripped off and patients are just left to suck up and increasingly poor service and experience as the GPs partners fill their boots.

Isn’t it the case that GP surgeries are a independent, that they’re contracted to the NHS for a fee?

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

Isn’t it the case that GP surgeries are a independent, that they’re contracted to the NHS for a fee?

Yes, they are mostly independent businesses who charge the NHS fees. Not many realise that.

They often have "business managers", part of their job is to maximise revenues, and therefore profits, which comes from the NHS budget.

The small print.

Rachel has just started a job today once again as a Practice Manager of 2 surgeries and has worked as one in the past. Certainly down here they don't have that role, that's up to the Doctors and they're very good at it. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

IMG_0358.jpeg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 3 weeks later...

While on holiday in Brittany, we came across an old quarry with countless cairns at the bottom. So we had to build our own, in honor of our Cairn terrier (who stayed at home as he doesn't like car rides). And topped it off with an offering for the old gods. 🙂 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Haha 2