Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
P2135 & P2104/6 Error Codes - Page 2 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

P2135 & P2104/6 Error Codes

Sorry, I'm a bit of a knob at this sort of stuff but is it normal for a wiring loom failure and the need for the loom to be replaced?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Normal, Nope.

Costly, Yes.

Covered by AutoProtect warranty, Nope. (AutoProtect warranty covered nothing to do with wiring at all!)

Thankfully Lotus will be helping out.

I'm guessing the cable has fractured somewhere in the middle of the loom and causing an intermittent fault.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Sorry to hear that Lee, always concerns me with 3rd party warranties as often it seem they don't seem to be worth the paper they are written on. There was talk of Lotus offering extended warranties but seems to have gone quiet on that front.

Good news Lotus will be helping out, there seemed to be a time recently they were less keen to offer gestures of good will although as always its hard to judge as others had good luck where that was concerned.

10 hours :o  I thought I saw it was a relatively easy job, guess not then! I wonder if they upgraded the pins to gold on the harness to connector to match the throttle body then or was that a red hearing...would help with potential connectivity issues.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Good news Lotus will be helping out, there seemed to be a time recently they were less keen to offer gestures of good will although as always its hard to judge as others had good luck where that was concerned.

Chris, are you basing that comment on the angry millionaire with his IPS problem? If so, he was telling very much one side of the story and certainly not being honest with us, or indeed himself! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

There have been several engine wiring harnesses replaced in the US (mostly for stalling related issues). And, there has been enough issues in Dubai that the it has been reported Lotus Middle East is replacing everyone's harness under warranty.

Interesting feedback....

So possibly a known issue then?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

Chris, are you basing that comment on the angry millionaire with his IPS problem? If so, he was telling very much one side of the story and certainly not being honest with us, or indeed himself! 

Hmm was that @ Lotus Silverstone? I remember someone fairly recently having issues and Silverstone, as normal, being very helpful trying to get them a gesture of goodwill but apparently not getting anywhere although can not find the topic currently. But thinking about it there have been several people recently who have help from Lotus, for instance TomE with his starter motor and now Lee.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Some more posts on wiring harness replacement if you want to read 'em...

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/lotus-investigating-evora-stalling-213194/index8.html

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/transmission-issues-resolved-everyone-evora-should-read-301385/index3.html

Edited by ramjet
PM sent to member re linking to other Lotus websites

What a fantastic weekend of weather... And no fun car to enjoy it :(

It's still parked at Lotus Silverstone awaiting an engine wiring loom from Lotus :(

I'm off to Spa tomorrow.... In my Q3 :(

• Gold FFM

Why can't they buzz out the wiring loom and fix the fault? Or am I being thick.......

There can't be that many wires that affect that circuit

Only here once

No, Lotus are saying its not worth temp fixing. I think it's an intermittent fracture in a wire that may not show up at all times.

£500 for the loom and 10hrs labour to fit.

Given you've had the car just a couple of months I reckon you should be looking to reject it - I can't believe this "issue" is new and I'm sure consumer protection laws over durability will get some support from the dealer and finance company re "fit for purpose" etc.  Worth a push at any rate and I'd be mighty pissed if the main dealer I bought it from wasn't going to help....

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Andy that's a good tip.......

It's sure worth a try - let's face it there are come backs on dealers selling cars and they should be fit for purpose...

In this case - a wiring loom can NEVER be classed as a consumable part like brake pads or clutch.

You don't ask you don't get

Only here once

Lee - not sure how you "financed" the car and none of my business to be honest. But if you laid down over £1k on a credit card or part paid with a finance agreement then you might need to know that the Finance company often has more legal responsibility than the dealer, when things go awry.  

If I have my facts right, then given the "age and mileage" of your car and the documented instances of failure (and factory / dealer resolutions and actions) for the wiring loom the key test could be whether the car (or harness) was "fit for purpose and could reasonably be expected to fail" under the sale of goods act 1979. As Barry rightly points out the wiring harness/loom is NOT a consumable item and should last for the expected life time of the car unless of course it has been damaged through bad spannering etc.

Some info below may help you though I am no "legal" expert in any shape or form. I hope you get it all sorted to your satisfaction mate and all parties behave reasonably and constructively. After all, it is PRECISELY for a situation like this that many of us go to a main dealer for a car purchase as opposed to an independent / local trader. Also, part buying a car, especially a used car like the Evora, on finance, is ALWAYS a good idea for the extra protection you could be entitled to if it turns out to be a lemon (not taking the piss here just because your car is yellow mate! - :)  )

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/your-rights-if-something-is-wrong-with-your-car

If you buy a new or used car from a dealer and experience problems with it, you have some statutory rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

The Act states that the car must be “of a satisfactory quality”, “fit for purpose” and “as described”. (For a used car, “satisfactory quality” takes into account the car’s age and mileage.)

If the car you bought fails on any of these points within six months, you‘re entitled to have it repaired or replaced, or to get a partial or full refund.

Remember

• Contact the dealer as soon as you notice the problem
  • Try to keep conversations with them as amicable as possible
  • But keep a record of all your exchanges and make sure any verbal agreements are put in writing
  • Like 1

The small print.

18month out of manufacturer warranty... (lotus mgmt car for first 2yrs of its life)

On a non moving, non consumable part that should last a lifetime....

But, yes Bibs is right. Lotus are covering parts and (some of) labour under good will.

Shame I'm sat in Liege today on a absolutely glorious day without my Evora.... Considering I will be at Spa Franchorhamps tomorrow.... Also without my Evora. Now attending as a passenger not a driver :(

Still no news on when loom will actually be delivered to Silverstone so they can start the job.

All I can say is that it better bloody be ready for when I come back to Spa in July!

18month out of manufacturer warranty... (lotus mgmt car for first 2yrs of its life)

On a non moving, non consumable part that should last a lifetime....

But, yes Bibs is right. Lotus are covering parts and (some of) labour under good will.

Shame I'm sat in Liege today on a absolutely glorious day without my Evora.... Considering I will be at Spa Franchorhamps tomorrow.... Also without my Evora. Now attending as a passenger not a driver :(

Still no news on when loom will actually be delivered to Silverstone so they can start the job.

All I can say is that it better bloody be ready for when I come back to Spa in July!

To be honest Lee I think the boys and girls at Lotus deserve a crate of beer for that level of commitment against a car 18 months out of warranty.

I doubt you would be so well looked after by Porsche or Mercedes, BMW or Audi - the so called German "super" brands.

I understand your frustration Lee, but they are supporting you well so do deserve credit for that. This story makes it even easier for me to justify putting my hard earned into my Evora.  :)

• Like 1

The small print.

Work has started on loom replacement.

Fingers crossed it's a smooth fitment.

• Like 1