Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Headlights / Headlamps - Page 4 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Headlights / Headlamps

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
59 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Not yet, but have just msg seller to see if they also protect from UV rays

@Tom  - you will probably find that the rear headlight mounting support plates are quite rusty esp where the wheel arch liners are next to them. I have taken both of mine off and refurbed them - ie wire brushed, rubbed down, primer and paint. The Lotus paint was extremely thin and no evidence of primer!

Edited by Whitey
  • Sad 1

• Gold FFM

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

4 hours ago, Whitey said:

That's a great price for the 2 - I guess he did them in situ?

I have just done 1 headlight where the lacquer had peeled, but I removed the light and then went down through the wet n dry paper grades down to 5000 and then a friend buffed them up with a cutting polish. I will go the UV PPF route, probably diy, so interested how you get on and which PPF you use and cost.

Yes done in situ as you've described, also discovered that ones a bit wobbly so I'll need to check the brackets and address that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

I've bought some other stone guard films from them for my Elise, and the quality is good.

I bought the gt430 sill guard from the eBay seller some 2 years ago and it’s still intact & did nice job 

so I would guess their headlight protection must be decent ? 
I like to sort my headlights as they have the misting peeling but might look at doing it when I get car detailed ? Just looking around for a well respected reasonable car detail company in my area 

3 minutes ago, Whitey said:

Reply from ebay seller:

New message from: nickaliath Top Rated Seller(4,978Red Star)

Hello Steve,
The manufacturer states it as having 'excellent UV resistance'.
Thanks
Nick

Interesting, I assume that these are non genuine lotus as they are reasonably priced.

32 minutes ago, Daveb99 said:

Yes, I suspect you can’t buy them from Lotus anyway.

Can't find them on DeRoure unless looking in the wrong section.

I've had this from Aliath as well "

The manufacturer of the clear film states it as having 'Excellent UV resistance'." So I'll probably go with those and apply the nano surface coating the headlight refurbisher supplied over the top every 6 months or so

My car is in a dim garage when not being driven, so thankfully my headlights are still good. I’d like to keep them that way though, so have bought a set of those clear-film guards. Thanks for the link 😎

Assume application is as-per normal glass films? (Ie spray lights, fit, squeegee out water & bubbles, celebrate with beer).

14 minutes ago, mik said:

so have bought a set of those clear-film guards

Will you let us know your views on these when you have them and fitted.

Absolutely. 🙂

I have fitted frosted film to glass in houses several time, so hopefully this is the same fitting concept.... then I will be happy to DIY.

If this can address they peeling issue, hopefully more folks would be interested in better bulbs : I think I am still the only owner who has done this and since I expect you all like to see at night - assume there is some nervousness around better bulbs accelerating the peeling issue (?). It hasn’t on mine btw.

• Gold FFM

I've ordered a set too - my headlights have already been refurbished, so I'd like to keep them that way. They're probably some of the last with the "Lotus" logos inside too?  Given the replacement cost, a bit of extra stone protection is probably a good idea as well. Just checked out his website - he does the 410-style black shark fins too, as well as many other bits...

https://www.aliath.co.uk/search?q=evora

Edited by JimH
Typo

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

3 hours ago, JimH said:

I've ordered a set too - my headlights have already been refurbished, so I'd like to keep them that way. They're probably some of the last with the "Lotus" logos inside too?  Given the replacement cost, a bit of extra stone protection is probably a good idea as well. Just checked out his website - he does the 410-style black shark fins too, as well as many other bits...

https://www.aliath.co.uk/search?q=evora

They've had a good day , I've ordered to with the plan to fit and then as I said go over with the UV nano coat as a belt and braces approach.

C

• Gold FFM

I put mine on yesterday - fairly easy/painless as the weather was quite warm (15 or 16 degrees C in Norwich!) and dry. Helpful to have an extra pair of hands when peeling from the carrier sheet and I fitted wet as per the instructions. Not a bubble in sight, and all but invisible once on....

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Just started a new job so might be a while before I get to take pics in the daylight, but they sit around 3-5mm in from where the curved edges of the headlights start. You get small pieces for the headlight washer covers too. Mine had already been refurbished so were as new - I was more interested in preserving the finish and the stone protection offered, given the price of replacement units....

8 minutes ago, mik said:

Did mine today.

Instructions provided are very good. I have a good spray bottle that I filled with water and a splish of fairy liquid.

Great write up - will be useful to all those other forum members who have ordered these off ebay.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 23/02/2021 at 21:39, JimH said:

Just started a new job so might be a while before I get to take pics in the daylight, but they sit around 3-5mm in from where the curved edges of the headlights start. You get small pieces for the headlight washer covers too. Mine had already been refurbished so were as new - I was more interested in preserving the finish and the stone protection offered, given the price of replacement units....

Mine look exactly the same as mik's, so no need to worry about more photos now! 😀

• Like 1