Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2016 TLF International Lotus Day - Page 8 - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2016 TLF International Lotus Day

Thanks buddy, it wouldn't be the same without a sprinkling of classics. would be great to see some more of the oldies next year.  How about some of the legendary F1 cars, now that really would be a sight! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've asked CTL if they'd like to attend but for them it's a budgetary issue, it all costs them cash. Might see if I can tap up some of the owners who do the Lotus Festival for next year.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Feel a bit like this now it's all over for another year.

IMG_3944.jpg

You can't win 'em all. And pretty soon stopped feeling sorry for myself when back behind the wheel of the Exige headed for MBW for the second time that day!

Top job to Bibs and everyone there... makes me proud to be part of the Lotus family. Can't imagine many other ownership experiences compare when looking for genuine enthusiasts.

Roll on next year and August too. 

P.S. Thank for letting me dress up in the high viz jacket Bibs... if you need any leadership based role to direct the marshals I'd be happy to undertake the training. When you summoned everyone to attention you were really masterful!

• Like 1

"Simplify, then add lightness”

Nothing I can say that hasn't been said before but it deserves saying once more, superb job Bibs and thank you. Day seemed to run so smoothly which can only be down to effort beforehand. A great day with lovely people.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

7 hours ago, Bibs said:

Oh, and to the lad who read our 'Special Offer - 18 months for the price of 12' FFM sign while I was standing 2 yards away saying to his pals how expensive £20/year was to join, while stood at a free event organised for him for love and giggles, up yours :thumbup:

No pleasing some people :(

FWIW I enjoyed last year so much, esp. Brooklands which is such a historical treasure that TLF is indirectly supporting, I bought club membership there too :thumbup: 

So it's swings and roundabouts, as we aren't all that tight ;)

• Like 2

Bibs, many thanks to you and all who gave their time and effort for this very enjoyable day out. I think I might need to raise the ride height on my car slightly or go on a diet though! as I managed to scrape and grind my exhaust going in and out of the car park.

We came early and stayed late, taking in MBW and the Brooklands museum as well as a picnic and good chat with the very friendly crowd who turned up, a really good array of cars to look at.

PS: Mike - I'm not sure what Colin would have thought of my modernised S4 "SuperSprint"

2016-05-08 09.48.53.jpg

A big thanks to everyone associated with organising and delivering this event, I'm sure that the efforts involved are much more than many people realise.

Unless I missed one, it's a shame that there were no TC Europas present. My dream car for many years was a Europa TC JPS  :blush:

21 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

A big thanks to everyone associated with organising and delivering this event, I'm sure that the efforts involved are much more than many people realise.

I'm sure they're not; @Bibs was smugly proclaiming it only took 2 emails and everything was done ?

It's devastatingly easy to arrange. MBW and Brooklands are awesome to work with. All the hard work was done in year one making the arrangements and it's been the same for 2015 and this year. :D

The Festival on the other hand, that takes 9 months of what can sometimes be very hard work! 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

It was a fantastic day so a big thank you to Bibs and helpers.

The weather was well organised, as was the best bacon roll I have this year from the food wagon!

I’m already looking forward to next years event

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

21 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

See now, if that were me, I'd have simply basked in all the glory, and not let on.

Think i'll take everything Bibs does for granted from now on :lol::lol:

Had a great day (despite the subsequent burnt legs!). Great to see old faces and meet new ones. Also had the honour and privilege of driving Mike Kimberley back to Norfolk in my Elise as @Kimbers Excel was a little on the warm side!

Roll on next year!

Amazing day, went for a relaxing walk and then Bibs made me work my ass off taking photos of the cars on track :)

16 hours ago, DAV1D said:

Had the honour and privilege of driving Mike Kimberley back to Norfolk in my Elise as @Kimbers Excel was a little on the warm side!

Poor Mike :P

Erm, yeah, thanks for that @DAV1D for anyone not in the know, my passenger window doesn't work and my Excel is a non aircon model. And of course the excel probably has more glass than any other Lotus except a Carlton. Very warm it twas! But great drive back (though David tended to be a small speck in my rear view mirror.

It was lovely to meet so many people in the flesh for the first time.

Maybe next year you can say "Are you Kimbers?" instead of "Are you Mike Kimberleys son?"

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 2 weeks later...