Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Komo-Tec Exige S EX460 - Page 21 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Komo-Tec Exige S EX460

If you look  on the center grille on the front with the komotec 430 kit there should be the chargecooler radiator in front of the normal radiator air  flow.

As noted by a good lotus tuner in Italy that is not the best placement for the chargecooler radiator as it will take away some air flow to the main radiator and slightly heat the air that go to it.

I think those few degrees should not be a problem but it should explain why the engine temperature is a little different.

You could if you want change that komotec chargecooler radiator for the oem lotus parts of the exige 410 and 430

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Maxi_z said:

As noted by a good lotus tuner in Italy that is not the best placement for the chargecooler radiator as it will take away some air flow to the main radiator and slightly heat the air that go to it.

Interesting feedback. The radiator of the chargecooler on the 430 CUP is mounted like that https://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?MAK=1&MDL=42&TBL=11606&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

I am always interested to improve the cooling in order, I think, to increase the hardware life.

• 3 months later...
On 06/10/2019 at 17:43, Suto said:

It seems that KT has just updated the offer :

https://www.komo-tec.com/en/lotus-exige/mk3-toyota-v6350380/cooling/635/alloy-water-radiator-thick-core-exige-sport-350/380/410/430?c=537

only one model available with FAN kit included

seems to be the same than the SL one https://www.seriouslylotus.com/pro-alloy-exige-v6-radiator (only this one is compatible with V6 range)

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

In August I drove my new Sport 350 EX460 Vivid Green Lotus first time in Zandvoort at 36° and unfortunately two times the water temperature exceeded 100° and I had to take a break.... (no harm done)

I was advised to switch off the AC which helped to keep the water temperature at 96° - good advice but a sweaty experience.....

So, preparing my Lotus for the 2021 trackday season two weeks ago KomoTec assembled the bigger radiator - I hope I'll help to keep the water temperature below 100° under any condition....

Additional they assembled the "Uniball Upright-Bushing-Kit „KT-Track“ - https://www.komo-tec.com/en/lotus-exige/mk3-toyota-v6350380/suspension/671/uniball-upright-bushing-kit-kt-track-for-exige-v6?c=521

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

EX460JPS has hadf a busy year of upgrades this year.

But here the latest - installed the new Komo-Tec Front Wheel Arch Vents!

What a way to boost your blood pressure cutting into the front clam knowing that you don't want to repaint it afterwards. Fortunately the templates were included and there is a good video from Daniel on the installation.

And yes, I did install a mesh grill over the cutouts to avoid building a stone thrower.

And then I also exchanged the Alias23 polycarbonate side slirts agains the carbon side skirts from Eltech Itialia.

IMG_20210803_150749.jpg

IMG_20210808_122613.jpg

IMG_20210803_150758.jpg

• Like 2

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• 1 month later...

Need some advice please.

I’m looking to get the KT460 kit for my V6s via SL.

I currently have the 70mm non-valved back box from 2bular (with separate silencer cans) which I’m really happy with, it’s loud on the street but quiet enough for track, but I’m told it will not work with the KT kit.

I know KT do a track friendly back box but I understand it’s a bit muted and I’m not keen on the single circular exhaust tip.

The OEM silencer will work but I’m sure it’ll be too loud for track.

What are you guys using please?

Thanks

You are better off with the full 2bular QP system. It is very similar to the KT system ie: 200cpi sports cat but does not have a restricted Y pipe. 2bular also better built.

The rest of the KT kit should work fine with it 

If you look at the KT system from the back box back you will see it is compromised as per pic.

The Y pipe before the flex pipe looks like someone has taken a hammer to it. Very strange and certainly not good for exhaust gas expulsion.

Pick the best exhaust system as you feel fit but it’s probably not a KT

9686245D-C384-4AFD-A057-2C2B7EE22F08.png

The interesting is that KomoTec and 2Bular I am sure, but not certain, collaborated on exhausts for some time!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!