Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My other half's car - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

My other half's car

Carrying on from Arun's Canyon Red V6 Cup thread, I have noticed that we have a number of members who have partners that drive interesting cars. Whether they are masters of persuasion, or just plain lucky doesn't really matter. More power to them and even more to their excellent partners in crime!

My good lady is not very impressed by my car problem which is probably just as well in my case. Left unchecked I fear the house would soon be uninhabitable, but hey, the garage would be pretty decent! ;) 

Post away TLFers, all the better with some pics.

Mrs Pits drives a Lexus RX400h. A fine family workhorse but I'll spare you all the pictures of that!

• Gold FFM

Mrs W has an early M100 1.6 turbo thats been tuned to death and is a flying machine. I am at fear of death if I threaten to sell it.

Laura has an MX5 NC 2.0 Sport which she loves to bits! I'm trying to convince her that it needs the suspension upgrades to lower it and get a nicer turn in but it's not an easy task! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

My better half fell in love with a Triumph Stag a few years ago. But she still objects when I look at ads for a replacement for the one we lost in the fire last year...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I dont suppose my other half qualifies by driving a old reg style Yaris with multiple chunks of brick stuck in the bodywork from her left and right foot confusions? :P

Thankfully she can only drive an automatic - Need to make sure I never get an auto lotus :D 

• Like 1

Mrs Current Car, 208 GT. Drives it like a pensioner though! I took her out in it the other day and showed her what it could do and her response...."You have hurt my average MPG reading!"

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Liz drives a very comfy Honda Accord. I haven't got a pic of it at the moment. Will try and remember to get one. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Nothing exotic here. My wife drives a 10 year old Chevy Malibu Maxx hatchback since new with over 100K now and and loves it. (3.5L V6  with 30 mpg hwy MPG and same platform as Saab 9-3) She won't part with it and wants to drive it into the ground. ( It's been super practical and reliable)

190.JPG

• Gold FFM
On 14 January 2016 at 23:53, ramjet said:

Liz drives a very comfy Honda Accord. I haven't got a pic of it at the moment. Will try and remember to get one. :) 

The very same as my good lady. Hope yours treats it better than our. Mostly resembles a rubbish tip after kids have been in there. Was a nice car when I bought it. 

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

On 06/01/2016 at 00:08, Bibs said:

Laura has an MX5 NC 2.0 Sport which she loves to bits! I'm trying to convince her that it needs the suspension upgrades to lower it and get a nicer turn in but it's not an easy task! 

If I told my wife she needed a suspension upgrade she'd do a Bobbitt on me Bibs.  Be careful now...

Mrs C drives a pearl met. white Qashqai which actually is OK. Not fast, not sporty, but practical and 60mpg+ on a run.....    zzzzzzzzz..........

We also have a met. blue 2008 Ford Ka 1.3 style. It is anything but stylish but boy is it a hoot to thrash around the country lanes - totally fun, massively communicative steering, excellent turn in and revs all day. The kids learned to drive in it and I seem to use it as a weekend B&Q taxi :)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
14 hours ago, mayesprit said:

The very same as my good lady. Hope yours treats it better than our. Mostly resembles a rubbish tip after kids have been in there. Was a nice car when I bought it. 

Lol. Liz keeps it very tidy. She actually got upset upset when she kerbed a rim for the first time.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)