Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora S 19/20 Tyres - Page 3 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora S 19/20 Tyres

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 month later...

I just moved from Pirelli P Zero Corsa (19/235 - 20/275) to the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S (19/235 - 20/285).

Had a 1h b-road ride in rain and dry condition and will make a tour des alpes over the weekend.

So far I am impressed how the tyre technology has improved.

The Pirelli Corsa is by no means a bad tyre! But on normal roads the PS4S is simply fantastic.

Same grip level (at least with 285) and steering precision, but a much smoother ride. In wet condition it is superior too in my opinion.

• Like 2
For the few who know the difference

26 minutes ago, AK70 said:

I just moved from Pirelli P Zero Corsa (19/235 - 20/275) to the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S (19/235 - 20/285).

Had a 1h b-road ride in rain and dry condition and will make a tour des alpes over the weekend.

So far I am impressed how the tyre technology has improved.

The Pirelli Corsa is by no means a bad tyre! But on normal roads the PS4S is simply fantastic.

Same grip level (at least with 285) and steering precision, but a much smoother ride. In wet condition it is superior too in my opinion.

I've just done the same (albeit to 275s on the rear) and agree.  It's early days but so far they've been smoother, quieter and the tramlining has gone (although this may have been down to worn fronts with the Corsas).

The PS4S also have better rim protection than the Corsas (which had virtually none).

• Gold FFM
47 minutes ago, planty said:

I've just done the same (albeit to 275s on the rear) and agree.  It's early days but so far they've been smoother, quieter and the tramlining has gone (although this may have been down to worn fronts with the Corsas).

The PS4S also have better rim protection than the Corsas (which had virtually none).

Where did you source yours from?  I am having a nightmare trying to source these locally (Southampton) :(

31 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

Where did you source yours from?  I am having a nightmare trying to source these locally (Southampton) :(

I got them online from Camskill and had them fitted locally.

I used TyreLeader a couple of weeks ago to get a replacement 235 60 15 P600 for a rear on my S3. Far and away the best price on the web price even allowing for the fact that that figure did not include fitting which I paid locally.  DPD delivered the tyre within 48 hours of the order.

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

44 minutes ago, Choppa said:

I used TyreLeader a couple of weeks ago to get a replacement 235 60 15 P600 for a rear on my S3. Far and away the best price on the web price even allowing for the fact that that figure did not include fitting which I paid locally.  DPD delivered the tyre within 48 hours of the order.

Yeah they were great when I used the too, my only complaint is the tyres are a fair bit cheaper on their euro sites priced in Euros but you cannot order from those sites to a UK address so you have to pay the more expensive UK price!

7 hours ago, planty said:

New tyres will generally be quieter than older worn ones

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 18:10, robcarter said:

I ended up getting Michelin Pilot Super Sports but am yet to use them properly as since they were fitted the rears seem to be seeping air and keep going flat!

Had the same on mine - had them re-seated on the rims and all was fine. One of my fronts was doing it for a while as well but driving it seemed to bed it in and it is fine now. It will be contamination of the wheel where the bead of the tyre sits (unlikely to be corrosion on a newer car). If you take off the wheel and put diluted washing up liquid around the rim you will find the leak - one of mine had two parts of the rim / tyre interface leaking !

Just remember when they drop the tyre off the rim they need to release the tyre valve and TPMS sensor into the tyre first to avoid any damage to it.

4 hours ago, gregs24 said:

Had the same on mine - had them re-seated on the rims and all was fine. One of my fronts was doing it for a while as well but driving it seemed to bed it in and it is fine now. It will be contamination of the wheel where the bead of the tyre sits (unlikely to be corrosion on a newer car). If you take off the wheel and put diluted washing up liquid around the rim you will find the leak - one of mine had two parts of the rim / tyre interface leaking !

Just remember when they drop the tyre off the rim they need to release the tyre valve and TPMS sensor into the tyre first to avoid any damage to it.

All sorted now... they did that and also replaced the valves. TPMS still seems to be working too!

"Simplify, then add lightness”

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to try PS4S next time, but I'd always rather have a matched set of 4 on the go.

My rears just wore out, with 60% life remaining on the fronts, hence I put MPSS on the rear to match the fronts. I'll change all 4 next time.

If you want a change - might be worth putting what you want on the front end now - knowing that the rears won't be too far behind. If you don't want a change - I'd put on whatever you currently have on the rear.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2016 at 10:41, Alan H said:

Guys on another forum have done it without issues as you could not get 275 MPSS last year. It does slightly (1%) change the speedo reading  so I am told.

Out of interest, does anyone know why a slightly wider tyre would change the speedo reading? 

10 minutes ago, Kier said:

Out of interest, does anyone know why a slightly wider tyre would change the speedo reading? 

The height of the sidewall,  or aspect ratio is a percentage of the width of the tyre.  So a 275/30/20 tyre has a total sidewall height of 30% of 275mm.

A wider tyre with the same aspect ratio means the wider tyre is a larger diameter than the narrower one.

1 minute ago, plenty said:

The height of the sidewall,  or aspect ratio is a percentage of the width of the tyre.  So a 275/30/20 tyre has a total sidewall height of 30% of 275mm.

A wider tyre with the same aspect ratio means the wider tyre is a larger diameter than the narrower one.

Thanks.  For some reason I thought the 30 was the height measurement rather than a percentage.  But yeah, thinking about it, the tyres are a bit higher than 30mm :blush: 

• 4 months later...

Trying to decide.  I have Pilot SS on the front which are lightly worn but I need new rears.

Do I go for:

Pilot Supersport at 285 width (much cheaper than 275's) or Pilot Sport 4s in the correct 275 width?

Thoughts?