Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora S 19/20 Tyres - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora S 19/20 Tyres

From what I can find the 20" rears for the S should be "Pirelli Pzero Corsa Asimmetrico 2" is that right?

The only ones I can find are the RO1 specification which I think is for an Audi?

What are my options?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Think I may give these a go, the reviews on here seem good and they are a fair bit cheaper than the Lotus spec Pirelli's, they might also last a little longer:

Michelin Pilot Super Sport 275/30 ZR20 97Y

mss.png.e4389678b905d221fbd67ff2a92b989a

I thought I'd post just to stop you talking to yourself :)

The rears are Pirelli P Zero Corsa Asimmetrico 2 275/30R20 97 Y LS XL although they seem to be out of stock at a lot of places. Not sure of the version of Pilot Super Sport they use on the 400 which is a different size but they are very good tyres.

I tried and could not find stock of the Corsa tyres so went for the Michelin PSS as I needed to replace all 4 and @Bravo73 also recommended them. 

So far I found them very good! :) 

• Like 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

I'm having my 20" rears replaced on Saturday , with the Pirelli pzero corsa , the lotus ones , the guy had to get one tyre from one supplier and one from another , £560 fitted so not cheap 

Edited by ferk1966
  • Like 1

I recently paid just over £500 for two rears (no fitting).  The tyres were listed without the LS marking but I called the supplier and they confirmed they were Lotus ones.  I also contacted Pirelli and they confirmed that they only make the Corsas in 275/30 R20 for Audi (RO1) and Lotus (LS).  So it's worth a phone call if you see any not marked RO1 or LS.

I changed to MPSS after my Pirelli's wore out very quickly and would not go back to them. For road use in Scotland the MPSS give far more confidence in the wet and I cannot notice any difference in grip levels in the dry. The wear rate is noticeably much better. I could not get 275 rears last year so just went with 285's. Must thank Saj for the original recommendation.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I just couldn't get hold of the LS variant so opted for the R01s with what I'll admit was not a little trepidation having read just about every thread on the subject on here.

I'm no expert, but I really can't feel a difference after 1000 miles this month.  £412 fitted seemed a decent price.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Breeze said:

I hadn't realised you could go up to a 285 on the rears.

Guys on another forum have done it without issues as you could not get 275 MPSS last year. It does slightly (1%) change the speedo reading  so I am told.

The Evora 400 has the Michelin PSS and the wider rear tires (285). However, Lotus does recommend lower tire pressure for these tires (seee the other thread). 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• 3 weeks later...

I tested the Michelin PSS, but I prefered the P-Zero Corsa's feeling. 

Now, I use to fit the Yokohama Advan Sport V105, and that's my favorite ones. The P-Zero is really good in wet condition, very efficient on aquaplaning, really fast on the track/fast dry roads. The PSS is also really efficient, but as said, no as communicative as the Pirelli, and personnally, not as good in wet condition. The great thing is PSS quite more durable, quite twice than the P-Zero.

But the Yokhama was the revelation for me! Even better sensation than the P-Zero, better on the wet, never tested on track, but when I see the perfs on fast roads, I assume it should be as fast as the P-Zero Corsa. Quite the same "durability" as the PSS, with the perfs/feelings of the P-Zero and last but not least, 30% cheaper than the other ones.

• Like 2

Elise R 07 - Europa SE 2008 - 2Eleven GT4 - Evora N/A - Evora S - Evora S SR - Evora GT430 Sport

• 3 months later...

Cheekily jumping on this thread as it relates to the wheels...

What wheel centre caps fit?  Are they the same as for the Elise (55mm ID)?

I have one missing and I'm buggered if I can find the exact replacement!

Any ideas?

On 11/04/2016 at 20:08, Michadams said:

Now, I use to fit the Yokohama Advan Sport V105, and that's my favorite ones.

Just ordered a pair of these for the rear of my car, out of interest what pressures do you run?

Cheers Gav

On 11/04/2016 at 21:08, Michadams said:

I tested the Michelin PSS, but I prefered the P-Zero Corsa's feeling. 

Now, I use to fit the Yokohama Advan Sport V105, and that's my favorite ones.

bonjour Michael, 

I wish I'd read your post before ordering new tires :blush: ... By reading tests and, I must confess, with a bit of chauvinism :ph34r:, I replaced the PZero Corsa on my Exige Roadster with PSS two weeks ago, and until now, I'm not impressed by them !

I thought that supposed harder shoulders would help steering feeling, but it is just harsher in comfort, and yet the steering seems more vague ... and on bumpy roads, it looks like wheels bounce more ! I have to say that until now I only drove them on dry roads, so can't talk about wet handling, and I didn't checked tires's pressure since I left the garage which fitted them :blush: ... Thomas, what are the recommended pressures for the Evora with PSS ? 

edited : Ok, found the answer : 2.0/2.2, which seems really lower than recommended pressure for Pirellis on Exige (2.2/2.6) ! I'll try that this evening ...

Edited by French Frie
self-answering ...

The tire pressure makes a lot of difference. I have found the PSS significantly better in the wet (unless you wanted to drift around every corner in town) and equal on dry roads. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower!