Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Silverstone Classic Esprit & Europa Anniversary Track Parade - 31st July 2016 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Silverstone Classic Esprit & Europa Anniversary Track Parade - 31st July 2016

swindon_alan

Anyone going to the Silverstone Classic at the end of July? I've just bought an early bird ticket for the Sunday cos Club Lotus have organised an Esprit and Europa anniversary track parade :bounce:

>Dear Club Lotus Member and Esprit or Europa owner,
>
>Great News!
>
>As you probably know, 2016 is the 50th anniversary of the first Europa and
>the 40th Anniversary of the first Esprit.
>
>We have arranged with the organisers of the Silverstone Classic for a
>track parade of both models on Sunday lunchtime at this years' event in
>July. The parade laps are free but of course you'll need to buy a ticket
>to the Classic as the parade will leave from our own reserved infield
>stand.
>
>Full details of how to buy tickets and our special booking code are in the
>January issue of Club Lotus News. You'll need the code to get your
>generous club discount and infield pass and the best 'Earlybird' prices
>are available until the end of March - so if you are going it's best to
>book soon.
>
>If you've never been to the Silverstone Classic you may not know that
>entry is by advance ticket only - no tickets are available on the day. If
>you need any help with booking or have any other questions just call us at
>Club HQ.
>
>Look forward to seeing you there!
>
>With best wishes,
>
>Alan Morgan
>Chairman
>

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Yes been the last 10 years :)

Wifes going in the Europa I'm going in my White Esprit, looking forward to the track parades

Matt

The more the merrier :yes:

Sounds great, do I need to join up with Club Lotus? Probably high time I renewed my membership anyway!

5 hours ago, The Pits said:

Sounds great, do I need to join up with Club Lotus? Probably high time I renewed my membership anyway!

You do. Renew. 

Unfortunately Bibs is not allowed membership as still pissing your nappies is taboo 

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

@swindon_alan I'm well up for this - looks a great weekend. I'm gonna hold out booking the tickets til the end of the month - just to ensure I actually have a car to go in.........

if there's a minimum age for club lotus - I might be knackered !!! As I'm only just starting my midlife crisis and not at the old age stage :sofa:

Are you sure you'll be able to afford the tickets?

Just sayin'...........

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Stop that - play nice........

just added up all the spends to date - now just casually hiding the evidence from the wife......lalalalalala. Nothing to see here

just looking at the kids - I'm sure they don't need feeding tomorrow - yeah that's it - let's have a fasting day ...

• Like 1

Only here once

I'll be booking for Sunday, looking forward to it as previously it has been a great show with an incredible number of fantastic cars. Can't wait to lap Silverstone; Brooklands too! What a year!

I'll be there in a white '90 Esprit NA

Cheers

• Like 1

Somehow I dont think the esprit will be back in one piece by the end of July. Been to the classic a few times in the elise and it's a great show, if a bit damp last year.

I shall be going, albeit in the Evora, so won't be able to do the parade lap.

Did a parade lap (2 actually) 3 or 4 years ago when I had my Dax Cobra rep. Its just a steady trundle round behind a pace car although if you hang back a bit you can get a bit of speed up. Reached the dizzy heights of 75mph on the new pit straight :lol:.

• 3 months later...

My car had an oil leak after the engine was rebuilt last year so its going back down to Lotusbits to get repaired.

Perfect opportunity to tie that in with the Silverstone Classic so I have been in touch with Club Lotus and they are looking at putting the car on their stand.... "which is nice".

@Bibs Going back to my roots here, I was a mere 23 year old when I joined Club Lotus..... no such thing as the Lotus Forum back in 1983 or the Internet come to think of it ..... I am beginning to sound like my Dad!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ffffing alloy wheel refurbers have cocked up my Compomotives and have let me down for this weekend. Very annoyed about it and disappointed. That's the 2nd recommendation that has turned out to be a let down. Who the hell can be trusted with 3 piece split rims?!

When I have the Futuras on my Esprit, not many people wanted to touch them in truth either.

@gghc87 found a great place to do his though, can't remember exactly who at the mo, I'll see if I can dig up the thread but it's a few years back...

There we go - web address is http://www.thewheelwizard.ltd.uk/

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

2 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Oh bollox!  I've booked tickets for Saturday and the parade lap is Sunday :(

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Can you see if you can swap it for Sunday Mark???