Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
80s turbo wanted - Page 2 - Wanted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

80s turbo wanted

purso

15 minutes ago, BP81 said:

Would also consider a bit of project car 

Brooke,  strange thing is all the project cars are drying up as people are choosing to restore them now, the last project car for sale was an s3 n/a needed loads of work and went for 7.5 k,  For what the cars are going for complete and running i would personally look in that direction as a project car will eat your money and your time. :) 

• Like 1

A

Does that green car not belong to one of the members on here. ?  Lovely looking car and great colour combo.  Its been for sale for a long time at that money and think it will be for for a lot longer until the price becomes a lot more realistic, Prices are on the way up but not at that mark yet IMO. Think brookes also after a turbo model. ?

• Like 1

A

• Gold FFM
On 11 April 2016 at 08:15, Bibs said:

Can you please stop quoting each other chaps. You don't repeat what someone says in normal conversation, it would ruin the flow and it does online too. Thanks.

I just edited them all.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

I know of two others in the same color combo. One here in the North East of Scotland which has just undergone restoration after 25 years in storage and another that was featured on another site just last week.

• Gold FFM

It's a lovely colour - very unique - and I love the inside as well. Strong money yes - but a straight original car that many folks crave. Really better recommissioned and priced and sold accordingly

• Like 1

Only here once

@stephen/Dan Looked at the green one online about 100 times and the issue for me is I do really want a turbo. The price is a bit high but even if it was a bit more sensible I wouldn't be buying it for that reason.  

Thanks Jonny for the kind offer will do definitely take advantage of your kind offer.price isn't really the issue at the moment for me it's availability and my impatience :) once there is one available you can have a chat about price about where you see it and where the seller sees it but when there's little available speculation tends to be rife especially when we all have a vested interest.  What isn't up for debate though is the cars that have been available for a while aren't at a level where the current market sits, maybe they will be if they want to wait long enough but that's the prerogative of anyone selling.  My preference is always do a deal at a fair price and move on but everyone sees things different guess that's where the fun is :)

Hi,yes the Green S3 is mine .It has A full service history,a Lotus cert of provenance,Lotus history (was a used by the Lotus CEO Mr T Enrite.)

Everything is standard ,no cuts or Marks.The interior is as new and I know how quick they can deteriorate ever the doors close perfectly,the lights are good (no rust),the fuel tanks are good(no rust).

The chrome work around the front and rear glass is in fantastic cond.The paint work is very good..

What I like about this model is simplicity of the mechanics (no turbo ,no ECU)

I have had a lot of Esprits and this model was my favorite .My S1 was shite,they look great but anybody who drives one deserves a medal.My S4 was fantastic but was always worried that the Ecu would go down.

Anyway,I put it up for sale over the winter  because I had the winter blues,now the warmer weather is here I will probably lift the body off and do a full restoration on it.Thanks Paul G.

• Like 2

Hi Paul you have a great car by the sounds of it and sorry for skewing the stats on your ad by viewing it so many times :) Look forward to seeing her on the road soon one way or the other.

• 6 months later...

Guys

Mark at Stock has just taken this dry sump in if anyone is interested;

IMG_2505.JPGIMG_2506.JPG

It has done a 116k but runs well and has a clean original cloth interior, paint needs a little tidy up.

It would look better with the stripes and decals but seems nice and with Comps along with single bar slated tailgate. ?

Worth a look for anyone after a early car, it is a 81 model.

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Trev stop it... you've got enough cars.

Looks great. I have to say I love turbos in Silver - needs black bumpers though but I just couldn't live with that interior. don't get me wrong I love the cloth but just not RED!

1 hour ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Guys

Mark at Stock has just taken this dry sump in if anyone is interested;

IMG_2505.JPGIMG_2506.JPG

It has done a 116k but runs well and has a clean original cloth interior, paint needs a little tidy up.

It would look better with the stripes and decals but seems nice and with Comps along with single bar slated tailgate. ?

Worth a look for anyone after a early car, it is a 81 model.

That could be very nice when tidied up. That can't be the original external colour can it?

Edited by megalomaniac
backwords word order XD

Ah I just posted in the other topic wondering what the colour of the interior was? Unusual being all cloth - only seen that on Phil's Turbo. Looks good for an Esprit with 116,000 miles

• Like 1

It's a bit scruffy in there but once restored, full red cloth would be a bit special. I have to admit to really liking that.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Yes I liked it as well and quite different, Mark says it runs very well so maybe the mileage is good as at least it is proven and used regular.

Don't think it will hang about long either judging how quick the blue UK sports one went.

Hopefully someone on the forum gets it, Mark certainly finds them!

Do or do not, there is no try! 

I knew a guy who had a Black turbo early one with early cx wheels His car was X Reg .With the same red cloth I trim.The silver car looks like the one from Tocus .Might be wrong...Nice colour car ...Mike

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cbclotus said:

I knew a guy who had a Black turbo early one with early cx wheels His car was X Reg .With the same red cloth I trim.The silver car looks like the one from Tocus .Might be wrong...Nice colour car ...Mike

Baukes Silver Turbo has the Tobacco Brown leather interior B-)