Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alunox Esprit Turbo Manifold Group buy coming soon - Page 2 - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Alunox Esprit Turbo Manifold Group buy coming soon

Ah, regrets of an early adopter, If they weren't so damn pricey, I'd trade in my MKI Stevens unit for a MKIII T4 G-car unit.  Trump's car parts tariff would likely $mack me on the import now though.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Pan, I take it the  V band flange is for the connection of the rear system to the turbo, Leon can help you with that , you will have to send him the dimensions. 

The difference in the pipe layout is only changed for production , they are still collect in the same order , just 2 overlaps 3 or 3 overlaps 2.

Hi Franco, for our needs I think the internal wastegate is fine. I know the external units can have better flow ,but they are very expensive and are really used on professional 

race cars. I know the S3 Esprits use one ,Alunox developed that set-up so it was a direct replacement. 

After dynoing my car I found I needed the Stiffer spring in the wastegate, as the flow characteristics of the Alunox manifold blew the wastegate open. The medium spring couldn't hold it.

If you were going for very high power say around 500BHP then maybe go for the external.

Mark

Hey Mark, I'm curious about the spec's on your system as installed, do you have the build listed somewhere?

I'm running the "low" boost capsule on my EFR and have had no problems with the wastegate control. I'm using the B-W provided solenoid, controlled by a Megasquirt MS3X, but I'm keeping the boost low (<=10psi/160Kpa) in deference to my Citroen transaxle, so I might not in the same boost range. 

Hello Pan, what power level are you plan on running? 

G25-660 is a very good unit, fairly compact for the flow with very high EGT capability and available as a integrated wastegate unit as well. But spool-up of the EFR is better due to TiAl turbine which is 40% lighter than standard wheel material and 50% lighter than G25 high temp material, so if you don't go for more than 500hp i think EFR would be the better solution.  But if you go over that it might be easier to fit G25-660 over EFR 7670 packaging wise. 

Edited by plumdeplakmuis

VAN DER LEE Turbo Systems     -      www.vdlee.com

Hey Mark, Thanks for your help. The thing that I am looking for along side more power is reducing turbo lag even if I have to go with a smaller turbo. I like the external wastegate option. I will have to make up my mind.

14 hours ago, plumdeplakmuis said:

Hello Pan, what power level are you plan on running? 

G25-660 is a very good unit, fairly compact for the flow with very high EGT capability and available as a integrated wastegate unit as well. But spool-up of the EFR is better due to TiAl turbine which is 40% lighter than standard wheel material and 50% lighter than G25 high temp material, so if you don't go for more than 500hp i think EFR would be the better solution.  But if you go over that it might be easier to fit G25-660 over EFR 7670 packaging wise. 

Around 400whp. I want a really fast spool up time and response. it seems that g25 series is a good choice for this and its efficiecy is much better than EFR7670 , it has smaller compressor and turbine wheel and I can choose a 0.72 turbine housing.  So I think it can compensate its weight. But G25 is lack of the choice for turbine flange and no twin scroll choice for 0.72 A/R.

On 18/03/2019 at 04:09, MarkKassim said:

Hi Pan, I take it the  V band flange is for the connection of the rear system to the turbo, Leon can help you with that , you will have to send him the dimensions. 

The difference in the pipe layout is only changed for production , they are still collect in the same order , just 2 overlaps 3 or 3 overlaps 2.

Hi Franco, for our needs I think the internal wastegate is fine. I know the external units can have better flow ,but they are very expensive and are really used on professional 

race cars. I know the S3 Esprits use one ,Alunox developed that set-up so it was a direct replacement. 

After dynoing my car I found I needed the Stiffer spring in the wastegate, as the flow characteristics of the Alunox manifold blew the wastegate open. The medium spring couldn't hold it.

If you were going for very high power say around 500BHP then maybe go for the external.

Mark

Mark, both of the inlet and outlet of turbine are V band but with different size, Is it possible to send Alunox the turbocharger or  turbine side for alignment?

On 19/03/2019 at 16:22, pan said:

Mark, both of the inlet and outlet of turbine are V band but with different size, Is it possible to send Alunox the turbocharger or  turbine side for alignment?

Hi Pan, I believe you have managed to speak with Leon about alignment, I've sent sent some info as well.

Mark

On 21/03/2019 at 14:33, MarkKassim said:

Hi Pan, I believe you have managed to speak with Leon about alignment, I've sent sent some info as well.

Mark

Mark,

Do you know if Alunox solved the "narrow neck"  @ collector issue?

I.E.: the area where 2/3 branch merges with 1/4 branch?

Stainless_manifold_00.jpg

post-10519-0-48162400-1358527818.jpg

MrDangerUS

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

That tube looks round where it's welded to the flange. Is that the case, does it transition to the port shape within the depth of the flange?

My second batch manifold looks the same, with the oval tube transition.

Mr D's picture just looked like a shorter transition than I thought the CNC flange had. Looks like ongoing revisions, as the initial flange looks different.

AlunoxCNCFlange.jpg

I believe the flange is SS316 , the main tube is SS321 to avoid cracking at the temperatures we run at. The flange is a lot thicker and cracking isn't an issue.

I believe this configuration is also used in the motorsport systems Alunox make for other cars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Gold FFM

It absolutely transformed mine. I’ve a different turbo with a bit more boost set. The comparison to a stock car is chalk and cheese.

Add in an LSD unit and suddenly it will all become beautiful. 

Only here once

On 23/11/2022 at 00:04, Sam Grant said:

John D - is that running on a different tune/map or the stock s4s tune/ecu? What is the price on the "stock looking" but not stock turbo? :) 

@Sam Grant  No need to re-map, unless you're tracking the car.Turbo delivers stunning performance with OE S4s MK V chip and 370 cc/mm RC Engineering "peak and hold" primary injectors and 270 cc/min (25.7 lb/hr) RC Racing high impedance secondary injectors, (the same as Dermot's,  https://users.ox.ac.uk/~ohare/ ).

please gimme a shout at mrdangerUS@hotmail.com for further details

MrDangerUS