Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Abandoned S4 Esprit - Page 2 - Spotted - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Abandoned S4 Esprit

Loose Cannon

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
9 hours ago, Daniel said:

Might be the bloke's daily driver........ He works nights and he's shit at parking.....

or, it's a cardboard cut out........

His parking skills mirror his gardening skills.

Margate Exotics.

54 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

WHERE IS IT ????

Just picture the scene, you driving off with that new S4 four-pot in tow, ready to give it a new lease on life, a perfect companion to your V8. It's calling you! 

• Like 1

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

Yes - I can indeed picture the scene.

ive just had a delivery of oxy-acetylene bottles - I'm ready !! Bottom blades off the wife's big mower - I'm good with this hot stuf !!!  just awaiting the correct screws and I can put the heads back in and mowing the grass gets signed back over onto the wife's job list......

Only here once

• Gold FFM
19 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

@Vanya It will be an utter heap if it's been under that tree for 9 years rotting

it will stink of damp, tanks will be rotten, brakes yes - they will need attention as will everything on the suspension as well.

it will be an utter shitter - even worse than that probably

no one will want to buy it - except me !!

Barry, we must have come from the same bread. 9 years would not put me off. The shed that arrived yesterday has been sitting for 7 years and is up and running after only 5 hrs graft. My current S3 was in a shed for 7 years, although well looked after. My first S3 sat on a drive for 4 years. My Elite sat in a barn for 5 years. My Eclat sat in a garden for 4 years. The wifes M100 sat on a drive for 2 years. Need I go on. All turned out to be perfect after the usual servicing and fettering. If I had not just purchased the current shed I would be chasing this beauty down for sure. Silk Red, stunning.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Shhh @johnpwalsh........ Everyone knows lotus costs are massive when recomissioning such a car....

your always better off buying an on the road running one B-)

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Sorry, but can agree on that one. My S3 is a stunner. total costs to get her back on the road was the cost of the service materials including belts. Two days work. Then a further three days cleaning and polishing to bring back the paintwork. MOT 5 days later with no advisories. One week ownership then did a 1500 mile trip across the UK including Brands Hatch, Brooklands and several days in London. Our one problem was a sticky light switch and just after getting back home she run a rear wheel bearing. Been back for second MOT and required 4 new tires, well they were the originals and 31 years old. She has now completed 5k plus miles and never had a problem. I must admit though her previous owner had kept her well even though she was unused.

Unfortunately I may be putting her up for sale shortly and if I do the next owner is going to get a stunning car with very low mileage and owners and all in original factory condition.

resizeLOTUS4.jpg

13041351_10153419751680178_2796758827705370452_o.jpg

20160601_203413.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Ouch.

She is a flower among lesser weeds. Porkers and prancing horses.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Ah, so you know a good one when you see one. Now what was it I paid for her again, oh yes 18k :pizza:

• Like 1

That looks like one I spotted in Sunbury (on Green St according to google maps) about 4yrs ago. 

Could be be completely wrong (after this length of time) but worth someone in the area doing a drive-past? 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got sent a picture of this car yesturday. He approached the house as their was a lady there and he wanted to ask about the car, but she shook her head at him and didnt talk. He didnt want to intrude any further so left. It is located in north london.

IMG-20190517-WA0001.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Maybe she is holding onto it as people ask her about it so she figures it will possibly become more valuable?

Only thing is, if she leaves it too long, it will become worthless.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)