Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
South West Lotus Centre 'Open Day' - UK - South West England - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

South West Lotus Centre 'Open Day'

SWLC

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...

Well you know I am....and I expect Ian will....and maybe even Peter....and DocTim often shows....and...

...but tonight the Beeb swapped around their forecast from a lovely day to "rain" which wont help!

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• Gold FFM

Meeting up with a V8 Esprit and V6 Exige shortly after 9am. Be at SWLC by 10am all being well. ?

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I've still got a stack of Lotus merch here if anyone wants some bought down. Happy to honour the 20% off offer too, just let me know what you'd like by 10am tomorrow when I'm leaving :)

https://www.thelotusforums.com/shop/6-official-lotus-merchandise

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Great afternoon down the open day, many thanks to James and the team along with Bibs. Great cars and people, even the weather held out.

The Lotus Elan horn tester also did a marvellous job! ?

image.jpeg

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Well from the passenger seat I can tell you that it was pretty impressive.  Refined, quick and controlled rather like the driver.  So who was that?  Last time I travelled with the Bibman in his LTT Evora IPS it was a - admittedly grin inducing - white knuckle ride.  This time we were slowed not once but a handful of times by locals not realising the full potential of the route, but did we overtake on first acquaintance?? Nope just eased back to bide our time.  So who was that imposter and what's he done with our Bibbo! 

A really great day much enjoyed.  Excellent to catch up with everyone.  Great photo Dave - your boy obviously has taste!

Many thanks to all at the Webb family mansions.

• Like 2

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Sorry to have missed you all there, guys,

Unfortunately, my father-in-law passed away on Thursday after a brief spell in ICU at Barnstaple, so family time is currently op priority.

'Til next year....

Dave

• Gold FFM

What an enjoyable day at South West Lotus Centre open day, with my son Liam, a final 250 mile blast for Lotty before her auxiliary shaft overhaul. Big thanks to all the Webb family for making us welcome and allowing us to wander around their workshops amongst the ongoing projects. Lovely varied display of Lotus and other marques. And good to meet you @Bibs.IMG_0971.JPG

• Like 2

On 9/24/2016 at 20:12, Barrykearley said:

And how does that VW smoker run now it's had that little laptop tickling it ???

Breaks traction in 3rd now :D

Range computer now says 850 miles to a tank rather than 650 and MPG home was 70 rather than the usual 55 too!! Win/win/win :D

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

A cracking day and great to see so many familiar faces again....I feel soooooo gutted I don't have my car any more :( ....but freshly resolved that I will be back in a lotus again soon. although not if I have too many more of those fine burgers 

IMG_3143.JPG

IMG_3141.JPG

IMG_3142.JPG

IMG_3137.JPG

IMG_3139.JPG

• Like 2

Twitter @radioRedwards