Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Excel V8 - Silver - looks good - Cars/Parts For Sale - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Excel V8 - Silver - looks good

Dunc

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Work colleague pointed this out to me as it had a "Lotus" engine cover

In daily use my arse - unless the odometer is disconnected  between MOTs - went backwards in the last year :)

Year Odometer Travelled
2005 625 625
2006 950 325
2007 1459 509
2008 1872 413
2009 2452 580
2010 2863 411
2011 3029 166
2012 3356 327
2013 3856 500
2014 3856 0
2015 3986 130
2016 3983 -3

B-)

Edited by rocket63

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Tempting, but no way I could legally get that on the road in bhellgium...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

really? Why?

20 hours ago, mikeeech said:

So where did the rocker covers come from. It's a nice touch on a rover v8

those are standard SD1 style rocker covers. Same ones as my car has. Someones just dropped a lotus badge on where the Plaque goes. I think Guy on here did something similar with Simon's car by cutting up an old set of cam tower covers..

There is also a place in Ireland who will cast whatever you want into a Rover V8 rocker cover. I was tempted to get a set made up in Yellow with "Eclat 4.6" but decided it was a waste of money.

17 hours ago, Dunc said:

really? Why?

If this was in response to my comment of not being able to get it on the road legally, that would be because of the engine. Unless Lotus wants to write a CoC for a V8 Excel. Otherwise it would require me to jump through all the hoops to prove the engine and car comply with all safety and emission regulations... The fact that it was already registered in UK (still part of the EU at the moment) should make a difference, but only in theory. Unless I find an MOT-guy that can't tell the difference between a 4-pot and a V8. While I'm sure many of those do exist, I can't be sure he will be the one inspecting the car.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Bummer Filip, That new thing in the other post regarding no mots for uk over 40yrs old,  I looked at the link and it also states no car will need an mot unless it has been modified :ermm: Maybe the UK is going the same way as your country in terms of mots and legally registering converted cars etc. ? 

A

Sold for £4,800.  I was tempted but I would have needed to look at it before bidding as with a modified car, who know what the standard of workmanship was unless you check it out.

Was it bought by anyone here?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE