Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation - Page 247 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Turbo project car - part3 - the further continuation

As I've mentioned previously these reputable registration plate companies probably will not provide any plate other than what they consider road legal for the age and style required.

I use Polar who make excellent plates and have some styles that others do not, or immitate badly. Their expensive but superior 'Mirrorline' range for instance, used on one of my other cars. However they don't offer any other styles in their 1970s-80s be range as Tippers etc.

Also, some of these companies use the same plate manufacturer. Tippers provide for a couple it seems.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, you will only solve this issue by producing a single graphic using the odd mix of fontS used in the FYEO plate. OR find a company that is prepared to make a up a bespoke design but you'll probably have to ID the fontS used.

NOTE: I used the plural, as this registration number is NOT made up from a single font.

*** End of font advice ***

I wouldn’t attempt to open the boot with skis on, its far too heavy and might cause damage! Dave Minter is welcome to come and get a picture done in my car to replicate his first one forty years on!

• Like 1

Jacket sold complete with authentic Dr. No black metal prosthesis.

Cheers

Dr. N:  Medium dry martini, twist of lemon, . .  shaken, not stirred.

Bond:  Vodka?

Dr. N:  Of course! ( in a nasal, high pitched, villainous voice ) 

1 hour ago, Lotusfab said:

Running real sweet, shame about the plate! 
I finally cracked it today. The was a very slight stumble at 2600 rpm on transition to main jets. I reinstalled my 43 idle jets (from 40) and its running perfectly! I look forward to doing 1000s of miles! Its been a long process but I am finally happy, apart from the plate!
AE77159F-00AC-4012-8233-A4F4375C82C4.thumb.png.9fee9f0e55af3242a05e83dcd5b1fdca.png

D404674D-27E5-4A0D-A5C0-7A068D2C1F0F.thumb.png.e6e933b8fa80d390d95336b0c3daf95e.png

I think you can sign off on the "D" check now Fab, all clear for your next adventure.

• Like 1