Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6 - Page 70 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

GFWilliams Purple, Slightly Modified, Exige V6

On 18/12/2021 at 07:04, GFWilliams said:

Hopefully this is interesting to some!   Won't be too long until it's actually being painted now... 

Keen to see your car come together. Must be very exciting!! Thanks for sharing your journey, I have been watching all your videos. Big Fan.😄

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2022 at 23:01, GoldenGun said:

Looks great @GFWilliams!!

can’t wait to see the end result. The paint prep looks painstaking, but will be a testament to the end result!

that battery is incredible. Other than cost, what’s the disadvantage of such a battery ?  

If you dont drive it once a week it's gonna die and they dont take well to being discharged. Really hurts the life cycle of the battery.

If you've got an alarm with a tracker forget about it. The only way i'd do it is for track days and swap back to normal battery otherwise.

• Thanks 1

I thought one of the advantages of the liteblox was that you could turn it off using the app. Effectively replicating a physical kill switch for when you want leave the car for long periods?

I don’t know what the capacity is compared to the Super B lithium batteries, but mine lasts much longer than a week without the car being driven. 

• Like 1

The figures from Liteblox are 300 days with the cutout engaged.  I think low temperatures can reduce this significantly, and they also will if you let it fully run out of battery.    Some people have had less fortune with these figures, but Liteblox are also very good with customer service if there is an issue.

813882653_Screenshot2022-02-01at18_24_36.thumb.png.79ba1fa04df9f621bc3887d91abd68ef.png

• 2 weeks later...

Provisionally putting it out there that I might be selling my Nitron 3 way dampers.  They'll be dyno checked (and serviced if required) by Raceshocks.uk before the sale (need about 4-5 weeks before they can come off my car). They had new springs fairly recently, and I have a variety of different spring rates (IIRC, 550 and 750 front and 850 and 1100 rear). Personally I much preferred the softer spring setup and I think the car is more compliant while also offering great feedback with this setup. 

Can only find this photo at the moment from when the rear springs were changed in April.

726138355_IMG_7746copy.thumb.jpg.18202b0b5cb72922d93f2c71e9a079d1.jpg

@Exx - I'm changing to Tractive Semi-Active Dampers:

https://raceshocks.uk/automotive/tractive/semi-active-suspension/

Basically, instead of just having compression and rebound to adjust, they can react to your inputs, stiffen up and soften off individual dampers on demand (reaction time 6ms) using an accelerometer, plus you can adjust the pitch & roll amounts on front & rear axle using the touch screen. It's a clever system as it means I can run softer springs and let the damper control the movement of the car more, so should allow for a more compliant ride most of the time.  Hard to know if it'll be as good as they say it will be, but I am willing to be the guinea pig on this and give it a go.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Funky! Interested to see how they perform!

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

22 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

Basically, instead of just having compression and rebound to adjust, they can react to your inputs, stiffen up and soften off individual dampers on demand (reaction time 6ms) using an accelerometer, plus you can adjust the pitch & roll amounts on front & rear axle using the touch screen. It's a clever system as it means I can run softer springs and let the damper control the movement of the car more, so should allow for a more compliant ride most of the time.  Hard to know if it'll be as good as they say it will be, but I am willing to be the guinea pig on this and give it a go.

Intrigued to see your (re)view!

1 hour ago, GFWilliams said:

Really? I am also thinking about the Tractive. Actually I decided for them before buying an Exige, but need to finish at least one season on Nitrons 🙂

Can't wait to see the integration report from you... and drive report as well. This is very promising 👍

3 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Have they got a kit ready to go or is it something bespoke for your car? Assume you will need dampers, the control screen and a loom, a DSC and some additional sensors?