Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Amazon Prime/Netflix/Disney Thread - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Amazon Prime/Netflix/Disney Thread

ChrisJ

Not sure whether to start a new thread or post in the Film thread, but as there are more than films, thought it should be a new thread:

Films

• Labyrinth of Lies - brand new, subtitled, well worth it.
  • Wag the Dog - old I know, but I hadn't seen it.

Series - all excellent.

• Goliath
  • Bosch
  • Man in the High Castle

There's a lot more there, Any recommendations from anyone else welcome.

You can add Lucifer to the list of TV series, Arrow is OK but definitely Goliath, Bosch and the Man in the High Castle. If you like Zombie series the Mrs is hooked on The Walking Dead, doesn't really do it for me but is OK I suppose.

• Gold FFM

So you have used it then? ;) 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Don't forget the Grand Tour!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM
On 11/12/2016 at 21:42, JayEmm said:

I've had Amazon prime for ages and never used it. Watched Preacher with it the other week - thoroughly enjoyed it.

It took me a while to start using Amazon Prime, for no real reason other than I couldn't be arsed.

Preacher was most excellent.  The pop culture references in the opening episode had me in stitches.  Based on a comic book classic.

Other series well worth watching would include:

+1 for Vikings

Black Sails

+1 for The Man in the High Castle

Mr. Robot

Red Oaks

• 3 weeks later...

All good stuff.

New Series released on Friday of Man in the High Castle :thumbsup: Watching now!

Also, Vikings Series 4 Part 2 started at the beginning of this month.

Just finished Series 3 of Ray Donovan.

Well, just finished series 2 of Man in the High Castle  Fantastic.

Unlike anything else on TV.

Not read the book at all. The series took me a couple of attempts to get started, but once in, I was hooked.

Be interested to hear how the book / series compare.

• 5 months later...

Le Mans: Racing is Everything

Bosch Season 3

• Gold FFM

Chris, agreed on Man in a High Castle, loved Ray Donovan got me through a good few work flights lately ( the lads now have a saying, "what would Ray Donovan do") Goliath is the best thing I have seen in ages.

try Hand of God my wife watched it whilst I was away so I caught up the first series which is excellent. Must do season 2. 

I was saying the other day I think it is the best £80 I spend all year (apart from the £20 on here) and the next day delivery is brilliant. 

I really liked Start Up as well, to be fair we don't really watch normal TV anymore apart from the news. Them boys are going to have to up there game or I think they will be gone in 20 years. Apart from The Missing series 2 which was outstanding I can't think what I have actually watched on TV and I am too tight to have Sky ?

• 2 weeks later...

Man in the high castle was great, but must get round to seeing the 2nd series.

I really got into Black Sails, watched all four seasons in a week.

the only reason I had Amazon tv was because my email and Amazon accounts were hacked by someone buying phones and he accivated the month free trial. Found out about him when someone in the USA called me to confirm an order! He had been deleating all emails regarding his transactions.

anyway, love the free next day deliveries :)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• 1 year later...

Finished Season 3 now. Best series I've seen by far.

Roll on season 4.

• 1 year later...

Update:

• Final series of The Man in the High Castle
  • Season 5 of Bosch
  • Season 4 of The Expanse - you need to watch the previous seasons before this.

Make sure to watch Carnival Row. Its an excellent "Steam Punk" Sci Fi kind of Historical thing......with Fairies...... Sounds wierd but really good and can't wait for the next series.

Don't normally like the standard "Grand Tours" but the recent Cambodia in boats one is funny and interesting.

I know people say they don't watch this and that on Prime but Prime is so much more! I use it for a lot of shopping as I CBA to go to the shops so it saves me a lot in postage plus the music I buy I can play through any of my mediums, car through my phone, on my system linked to my TV or via any of the voice based systems you can fit in your homes these days!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer