Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Red Turbo Esprit recommission project - Page 7 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Red Turbo Esprit recommission project

1 hour ago, punky said:

Just waiting for work to kick off (soon). Hoping to be able to make it to Duxford but not sure yet!

Can't make it. Going to be in the alps. Late trip I know but the price was too good. 

• Like 1

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1809.MOV

She lives.... very lumpy but!!!!!

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

• 3 weeks later...

image1.thumb.JPG.d28875c45724df3bc62882fad9b18de6.JPG

image9.JPG

image10.JPG

image11.JPG

image12.JPG

image2.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

image5.JPG

image6.JPG

image7.JPG

Ok the latest....

brakes painted again in hammerite.

carbs rebuilt and new seals and gaskets complete this time. Very gunked up so all the jets and body cleaned throughout and st steel screws all over. New springs also.

gearbox off and crankshaft oil seal and spigot bearing changed. Silly schoolboy error not changing them while the engine was out. Seriously thinking about the lightweight flywheel by Kemp.. looks excellent. 

Clutch master cylinder rebuilt and new slave installed along with braided hose. 

Waiting for the brake master cylinder rubbers to rebuild. 

Camshaft end cap seals changed.

Things still on going but getting there..

wayne

Got the car running lovely... really pleased. New Castrol oil has made the cams much quieter and the seal is holding. New problem is a small drip from the cam carrier onto the exhaust manifold, what a bloody pain in the parts...

• 3 weeks later...

image6.JPG

image7.JPG

image8.JPG

image9.JPG

image10.JPG

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

image5.JPG

I didn't intend on stripping out the interior quite yet as there is plenty of other work to get on with. However I decided to put a DAB radio in and the route of the Ariel cable required me to strip some fittings of the head lining out. Then one thing leads to another and as the head lining needed replacing and the leather needed stripping  of some horrible colouring and the carpets need changing.... we'll do I need to go on?

i had to dismantle the speedo as moisture had got inside and the white reflective surface was flaking and the whole thing had become like a snow globe. Cleaned and painted now... and I did resist the temptation for your information....

2 hours ago, pete said:

Do you live in margate?

2 hours ago, pete said:

Do you live in margate?

I'm gonna play along.....

No Pete I live in Hornchurch... why do you ask?

• 5 weeks later...
On 13/06/2017 at 13:03, skiing said:

Wheels look fantastic - where did you get the black and gold lotus badges?

I got them online , eBay to be precise. From Spain if memory serves. Fits in with the colour scheme of the car nicely. 

On 20/06/2017 at 17:28, cbclotus said:

Hi Wayne. I admire your skills .....Looking fab .lovely .....Mike

Thanks Mike. 

Has anyone removed the cam carriers with the engine in situ. Small oil leak. The usual pain is dripping on the exhaust manifold. Took a look underneath and seems a real mission to release the cam belt. My S4 was easy peasy in comparison. 

On 22/06/2017 at 19:29, pete said:

GST did mine in situ

Taking a punt and retorqued the bolts. Not very confident but going to give it a go. If I have to take the engine out again I will probably rebuild it. It's only done 61k and after a compression test it was good across the chambers at 8.5 bar. The book says minimum of 8.8bar but as long as they are even ( which they are ) I'm gonna go with it. Unless I have to take the lump out of course. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I'll bet the farm it's still leaking, Wayne.  It's easy to do the towers insitu, but the semi-auto tensioner is a bit of a ballache.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

On 25/06/2017 at 14:10, Sparky said:

I'll bet the farm it's still leaking, Wayne.  It's easy to do the towers insitu, but the semi-auto tensioner is a bit of a ballache.

Well when I got under the car and shone a torch at the area I could see leaking and blowing bubbles through the joint. 

Having run the car after tightening initial signs are good. Not saying it's cured but no bubbles ATM. ?✌️

Always fancied driving a tractor for a living  sparky.?