Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
James Bond Esprit Turbo - Page 20 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

James Bond Esprit Turbo

Lotusfab

17 hours ago, semi42 said:

Back in 1990, I attended a James Bond convention at pinewood studios, 

wish I had taken more film rolls but I only took one photo of the turbo esprit.

931C013F-6102-4A4B-8414-266CBEF6B21B.jpeg

Great pic, can’t believe how many unseen pics are out there! Even has the correct bonnet before it was broken.

28462238-7B1E-4CBE-9EED-CE74A40CE9B8.png

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Sweatow said:

Just got my genuine A19 Copperfire Esprit Turbo back today, after nearly 7 years of it being in service/storage, its a bit dusty so i will be giving it a good clean in the next few days, it will be on the market for sale soon, magazine featured, huge history file, passed its Mot last week, and before you ask i do have the Olin Mk6 prop skis, Mounts and a set of genuine Good Year tyres, i have owned for around a decade, its not going to be cheap though, any interested parties please pm me 

fyeo.jpg

That’ll be this one then…..😉😎

46ED98B6-1994-4AA9-8AD3-924A28EBAB9F.png

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I read in Roger Moore’s Bond on Bond book that a Cortina d'Ampezzo scene was cut in which Luigi “tampers with a few buttons” while waiting in the passenger seat for Bond at the ice rink. The implication is that there were a few Q branch gadgets fitted to the Turbo Esprit we don’t get to see.
Any ideas what they might have been @Lotusfab? If not, we could have fun speculating! (I’ll ask John Glen if I ever manage to meet him!)

• Like 1

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

1 hour ago, Jack Stone said:

I read in Roger Moore’s Bond on Bond book that a Cortina d'Ampezzo scene was cut in which Luigi “tampers with a few buttons” while waiting in the passenger seat for Bond at the ice rink. The implication is that there were a few Q branch gadgets fitted to the Turbo Esprit we don’t get to see.
Any ideas what they might have been @Lotusfab? If not, we could have fun speculating! (I’ll ask John Glen if I ever manage to meet him!)

Thats interesting! I wish I knew earlier before the Queens Pageant. I could have asked Chris Corbould who did all the Bond special effects for the last 40 years, he would know.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 24/12/2016 at 18:25, Stuart Monument said:

No problem. 

He said he has a record of every reg number and car he sold still. Happy to ask!

If I don't come back to you can you give me a nudge mid Jan!

Cheers

Stu

@Stuart Monument - did you ever ask the NMC Salesman you know whether he remembered the sale of my Esprit? Would love to see a copy of the records from back then😎