Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Rare thing... - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Rare thing...

Stuno1

Saw an N/A Evora today on my way in to London and my word they look so good on the road! Real presence and supercar feel to them. Such a rare thing to see one on the move and loved it. Wish I was in mine ?

Also went to meet clueless mates and it shows what a job lotus has with jo public.

mate- stu what car you driving? 

Me - lotus Evora.

mate- what?

me- it's like a 911 but lotus's take on it

mate- stu I drive a Nissan Nevada and it's like a Ferrari! 

Me- mate do you even know what an Evora is? 

Mate- no...

me- face palm...

man lotus had a challenge on its hands for the non PH folk.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I think the rarity of the car is quite nice. I've driven a few exotic cars and you generally get "Nice Ferrari!" etc.. but that's about it.

With the Evora, people want to know all about it - it's great

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Agreed,  with the cars been a rare sight on the roads means exclusivity which is always nice.

I know it means less money made for lotus in general but its a fine balancing act.  Not sure what it is with lotus car sales, I had an in depth discussion about it the other day,  I had always put it down to not many people wanting 2 seaters with the Elise etc, but then how do you explain the huge of mx5 cars sold. 

Then the evora having four seats, not owning one I can't comment on what they are like to live with etc.

I just wonder if its the old stigma with lotus car sales with them been

Bodied with fiberglass ?   I Personally think the evora looks exceptional regarding visual presence for the money you pay for them IMO. :)

A

I normally see a few Elises, Exiges and Evoras every year, and maybe if I'm lucky one Esprit a year.

Now if you want rare, I have never ever seen another Excel on the road (that wasn't going to the same meeting) - not back in the 90s when I owned another one, and not now. I know now that I've written this, I'll see 5 before Christmas :)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I have seen one Excel "in the wild", in Cambridge - funnily enough, two days before I bought Tony's. There is one not too far from me, owned by a chap who also has a blue Esprit.

I think Lotus have a reputation which unfortunately persists to this day and most people I speak to aren't as worried about the reliability bit as they are about the warranty and aftersales. Sadly, my experience thus far would prove that fear justified!

They are, however, "For the few".

Let's not forget that there was time not very long ago when Lamborghini's sales could be counted in the hundreds and not thousands.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

I would expect you to see far more Lotus activity over in the East and around the M25, If you scroll through the posts, everyone bar a few seem to live within a few miles of Hethel.

Down here in Somerset, most of the people wouldn't know what a Lotus looked like even if they saw one. But that said, I see a fair few on the roads around the area. And if you're looking for an Elite or Eclat in the classifieds most of them appear to have made their way west.

• Gold FFM

We have a fair few of all models up here in the NE Scotland. In fact I know for sure of an early Elan 130 heading South next week and an S3 Turbo heading back North the next day.