Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The birth of LotusRescue - Page 15 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The birth of LotusRescue

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 weeks later...

Have you been to Norfolk and not told me?

I will never forgive you if you do!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

You never say that about me.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Have you been to Norfolk and not told me?

I will never forgive you if you do!!

Leaving home at 1am. 1st stop Lichfield and drop off a type 75 Elite complete with a replacement roof skin to get rid of a stupid sunroof chop job, then over to Edingthorpe, arriving late tomorrow afternoon . Working on an old Elite tomorrow evening which has been started in may years, then loading an early Elan (full restoration project) Sunday morning  from the same location. Next.  Head North to Houghton Le Spring and drop off a set of early Esprit wheels, then keep heading North back to bonny Scotland. Otherwise known as Gods country. The land of great roads designed with Lotus in mind.

Have diesel, will travel.

:) LotusBits got nothing on me lol

No description available.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Well that's been a busy couple of weeks. 4 project cars up and running and gone to new enthusiasts for further improvement/restoration.

Only a couple left in stock, so I guess I need to look for some more. Also time to get cracking on with client restoration jobs. Ah well time o get the hands dirty again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Today,  I found and managed to purchase what will be a very nice Eclat Celebration in Silk Red metallic. The car had been found sitting in a container some time ago. The finder obviously purchased it then decided it wasn't a job for him. Hey presto. Another 23 hour round trip and enter LotusRescue to snag her. Currently the engine is out and in parts, nobody knows why this was done, but I have a good spare which will be inserted into the space soonish. Paintwork is pretty good considering her time in storage, as is the interior which will come up well with a good clean. She has had an aircon delete, or will have by the time I've done with her.

The downside to the trip was a crazy £400 quid to go collect and bring it home. How in bloody hell can they justify 2.09.9 p per Lt for diesel. Bloody theft. I probably spent in all about 1.5hrs leaving motorways and going into towns for fuel at anything from 1.86.9 to 1.94.9. Maybe doesn't seem much of a difference, but when your filling a 100Lt tank 3 of 4 times it soon mounts up. 

And now the punt. Anyone interested in what will be a nice Eclat Celebration in Metallic Silk Red with Beige cloth interior. I will have to double check, but as far as I can tell she has been in storage since 2004.

Comes with original documents and Lotus manual.

Why the automatic aircon delete John?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

Anyone interested in what will be a nice Eclat Celebration in Metallic Silk Red with Beige cloth interior

Wot no pics of this road trip. How is the N/A M100.

My Elite S2 had the air con  removed, had the car 21 years was not bothered to think about replacing it. 

• Gold FFM

Sorry, no pics this time until I get her offloaded from the trailer tomorrow. 

Wot no pics of this road trip. How is the N/A M100.

Still trying to trace a TPS, one on offer at £199.00 and no way I'm paying rip off prices, I was offered another in exchange for my old one, but lost the guys details. Another member did offer to lend me one, but not too sure on doing that in case it gets damaged, lost or whatever.

Anyone know of one or an alternative. PLEASE.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Why the automatic aircon delete John?

Mainly because hoses and pump are us and not much requirement for AC in the UK. Make lightness, make speed lol.

• Like 1

Understood John. I suppose less weight, less power consumption etc.

Sounds like a lovely car, any pics?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Perfect Keith. Good starter for 10 anyway. See what I can dig up tomorrow.

John.

• Gold FFM

Brief update on this weekends find/rescue. We came across an old envelope in the car which gives some history and after going through it I have found that she is the 6th Excel off the production line and official colour is NOT Silk Red as I thought, but in fact she is Jupiter Red. So she is one of those very early ones which was still registered as an Eclat, but is in fact an Excel which be be obviously proven by all the Toyota running gear etc. I also came across a letter from Clevedon Lotus who were her original dealer confirming the VIN number to be No6 off the line and was originally registered as OWP 49 prior to her company owner selling off the registration number to Elite registrations. It would also appear to have been a local car to  the Mablethorpe/Louth area for all of it's life prior to going into storage, reason for that I guess will now never bee known now.

Love digging up the history of these old cars. It's part of the fun. 

10 minutes ago, johnpwalsh said:

So she is one of those very early ones which was still registered as an Eclat,

My 1990 Excel SE still said Eclat on the V5, I did not think that the factory ever changed the official DVLA records as it would have needed to be re-type approved. I got a letter from the factory explaining things.

I think some owners have applied to DVLA to make the change to say Excel. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Sneak preview.

The ratchet strap is around the body to keep the nearside door closed as the latch is bust.

288070008_1082563492670697_1994081671883519679_n.jpg

• Love 1