Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit convertible moulds - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit convertible moulds

Paul Coleman

Some bloke on the Facebook page is looking to get rid of some Esprit convertable moulds if anybody is interested. He's in Warwickshire by the looks of it.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes they look very much the Tropez moulds Paul going by the body lines in the mould.  Although I am no expert and there was also a lot of variants made by different manufacturers as the. Tropez was not even lotus made.

Agree with Andy above it was a horrible looking conversion for a  car like the esprit IMO .

Hence why not many made which is why those moulds are so clean :P

• Like 1

A

Looking at the 'stepped' centre section these could well be the St Tropez moulds. Love it or hate it surely these have to be worth saving??

The poster, Brett Mann works at Lotusbits...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Do we know who owns a StTropez at the moment?  Whatever we think of the conversion it might be nice to make any owners aware of their availability in case of accident etc in the future.

I agree that it would be a shame to lose the moulds if they are true St Tropez.  Someone from the forum already has the other moulds so maybe interested in storing them.

:) 

It's getting there......

• Gold FFM

I'd fancy it to be fair - I saw a st tropez in bits years and years ago in a small lock up in Gloucester - I liked it - can understand the purist not though

Only here once

I'd love one too. The only problem (aside from money) is bringing myself to hack up a perfectly good G car, which I'd also want to keep!

Anyone know of an 80s Esprit with a damaged roof???

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM
13 minutes ago, Matt-watts said:

Just done a deal collecting moulds at 9 am tomorrow. SAVED ?

Good man - have a look at the body he has there and take some pics and post up. That may well be useful to someone.

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, ian29gte said:

I have a suspicion that those moulds will sit around and collect dust for ever more.

Actually, 'suspicion' is not the right word to use. 'Hope' would be a better choice.

Ahhh come on you miserable old bigger...... folks are gagging for lotus to chop the roof off the evora - this guy was miles ahead of his time

• Like 2

Only here once

Yes quite right Barry about the Evora lol. 

However much as i dislike the Tropez design as it is not to my own personal taste.   I would however be interested to see what other other changes they made to the body structural wise if any ? I.e did they put extra steel pipework in the a or b pillars,  

I know the esprit has a seperate chassis but surely they must of braced these somehow.

Would be nice to see what was done, They remind with the hood on of that renault espace convertible built by the lads on Top Gear.

Not many pictures on the web with hood attached for that very reason as it screams kit car to me imo.

• Like 2

A

Ian

Don't ever buy a M100 then! The only 100% watertight soft top I ever owned was an Astra Bertone which never leaked a drip even in Gail force storms.

Well done to Matt for saving the mounds though and to Paul for bringing them to everyone's attention.

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Never say never, the new ones have those metal folding roofs and these days are tested in monsoon test stations before they leave the line.

I think they look awesome, also stops the ##### from using blades to gain entry or just cutting for sheer jealousy on them these days

• Like 1

A