Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
IWM Duxford Spring Car Show - Sunday 30th April - Page 8 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

IWM Duxford Spring Car Show - Sunday 30th April

martynv

Thanks for sorting Martyn. Myself and my 2 little boys enjoyed it once we finally got in. I thought I was the only 400 there till I spotted @JayEmm standing out proudly at the PH stand. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Nicely done, Martyn, thanks!  My first Lotus day out in a while.  A lot of nostalgia for me at Duxford.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

35 minutes ago, Steve1 said:

Cheers Martin for organising another great day.... just to emphasize on what the others said about trying to get in.... did make me laugh as my queue pulled away a Marshall said "I think we'd better open the gates earlier next year".... No s**t Sherlock.... I was the last Lotus left as the rest of my family had come and really enjoyed the day so I seized the moment.... 2 British icons 

20170430_170431.jpg

cheeky... 

• Like 1

Good day thanks Martin. Enjoyable drive home Dave shame about Chelsea result 

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Thanks Martyn for organising the day, a great location to pitch up, just a shame the ticketing booths were such a bottleneck.

william enjoyed the day too, I tried to encourage him to like the esprits but he wouldn't have it... his fav was the blue exige 320, surpassed by a beetle, albeit a rusty old one.

great collection of lotus on the though. Always nice to have a look round.

• Like 1

Yes well done Martyn had a great day must have hit the queue about right only waited half hour spent looking at a Mr2 done up as a Ferrari love the fake brake discs 

• Like 1

A big thank you to all who supported the event it's very much appreciated :) As always my aim is to build up this event and this year was the biggest yet :thumbsup:. As always please put us in the diary for next year it's always the same weekend, maybe we can try for sixty next year :)

I'm sorry about the problems some of you had getting in, we arrived at 8.50am and although the Gate opened late at 9.10am we were all in place by 9.30am which I thought was an excellent effort by IWM Duxford. Unfortunately things started to go downhill after that a subject I will raise as I guess will many others with Duxford. However to put this in to perspective I've been stuck in queues outside huge venues like Silverstone and the NEC and many others, so I'm sure those seasoned Car Show people will realise this does unfortunately go with the territory. The £12.60 was doomed from the start, however I was told this was done to bring the £10 we had been paying for the last 5+ years in line with the normal gate price. Anyway I hope all this didn't spoil your day too much and you'll still consider coming next year.

Martyn :)

• Like 2

Just want to add Gina's and my thanks for sorting Martyn, great location on site, and we had a great day once we got in (took 1hour).  Our first TLF event in a while, and a cracker.

• Like 1

Thanks Martyn - great to meet some new faces, and catch up with some old familiar ones.

I can beat Punky - as I've been 5 times in 4 consecutive years - only got as far as the entrance last year as my fans failed, so went home and swapped cars :)

Moans at Duxford

• the stupid cost
  • none of the static outdoor aircraft were open
  • Why oh why when you went into this
  • spitfire-simulator-truck-at-duxford-impe
  • where you flying an ME 109 shooting down a Spitfire ?

They started early on the entrance stupidity though. We were in line 4. 1st two cleared out. Third row started, then the prats on the gate pushed some more cars down line one - which the marshalls let through straight away.

Hi, thanks Martyn for organising this event, excellent work and a thoroughly enjoyable the day. Spent most of my time with the my car and talking with fellow owners. Had a nice drive home, spotted an Exige 350 Cup on the A14 and kept with him most of the time until Thetford, where it turned off to Thetford and I went on the by-pass.

33550465154_6ac09349d5_b.jpg

My photos of the day can be found here: TLF Duxford Classic Car Show

Edited by OwenGT3
  • Like 2