Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
RIP Roger Becker - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

RIP Roger Becker

Bibs

A message from the family of Roger Becker:

It is with great sadness that we announce that Roger passed away peacefully in the early hours of Friday 24th February after a long but courageously fought battle with cancer. His strength and determination in facing all that he went through with his health challenges was an inspiration to us all, he was true Roger Becker to the end. We wanted to share this here as we know there are many of you around the world whose lives have been touched in some way by him. It would be a comfort to us as a family at this difficult time to receive any happy memories, pictures or words you'd like to share about Roger. Please email them to his daughter at kristie_b@icloud.com where they will be gratefully received and cherished.

Very sad news. RIP Roger. The man who defined what Lotus DNA really was in every respect. 

2997638579.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I have heard his name on here. Always to do with good things. I am not sure what else I can say other than my thoughts are with his family.

RIP Roger.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

So sad. I was fortunate to spend some quality time one on on one with Roger at MMC during the Evora road show prior to it going on sale. His passion for Lotus was absolute and his enthusiasm for the first 'new' Lotus since the Elise knew no bounds. He also spoke about the progress on MES, perhaps disclosing a little to much about 'New Esprit' to a complete stranger! But that day left me feeling very optimistic about the future and Roger left a lasting impression.

Of course the family DNA runs deep and Matt continues the family tradition. The reviews of the DB11 very much reminded me of the early Evora reviews, an 'other worldly' response to road conditions. Along with the Esprit we have a lot to thank Roger for.

What an awesome back catalogue. RIP Roger.

• Like 1

My thoughts are with his Family, very sad to hear, a true legend, esp the vid Jonny / The Pits posted represents his true enthusiasm for his Profession and Lotus esp!

The following bit relating to the production of "The Spy Who Loved Me" says it all:

"Even with the above additions the Lotus still appeared a little tame when viewed from behind the lens, prompting some quick thinking from the stunt department. The grippy Esprit was simply too planted to appear at all dramatic when driven in anger, and this posed something of a problem for the film crew. The solution came in the from of Roger Becker, the Lotus engineer selected to keep tabs on the cars. He wasted no time in jumping behind the wheel and hurling the mid-engined Esprit into a series of sideways drifts, and his smokey heroics ultimately saw him promoted to lead stunt driver for the rest of the shoot."

RIP Roger

• Like 1

How about organising a minute's engine noise at the Brands festival as a mark of our respect?

• Like 2