Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 45 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Talking about lightweight sport cars, is anybody beside me surprised not to have seen any tidbit of patent design from the incoming two new sport cars that are scheduled to come in less than a year and a half now? I mean we've had the SUV renderings and design out for  a while because they probably needed to gauge reactions to it. But not a  single leak on the sport cars, by now when the designs should be at  the patent office... I'm impressed    

Agreed @Bee but that is a big IF.

As has been said before I think the current cars are the last of the true great analog drivers cars.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Oh I do so hope that the snippet of info I've heard about what Lotus are considering for the Esprit actually happens. I think it will surprise (or shock) everybody - in a good way.😄

Before anybody asks, I'm not letting on! 😉

• Like 2

On 27/10/2018 at 14:37, Spinney said:

Oh I do so hope that the snippet of info I've heard about what Lotus are considering for the Esprit actually happens. I think it will surprise (or shock) everybody - in a good way.😄

Before anybody asks, I'm not letting on! 😉

Now that's teasing.

• Haha 1

On 28/10/2018 at 18:38, NedaSay said:

Now that's teasing.

Yes it is isn’t it. 🤫😉 I may be quite wrong, of course, but the snippet did come from a very reliable inside source and if it proves to be the case, could tempt me out of my GT410. Only time will tell. 😄

• Like 1

As you all know I am usually very skeptical re Lotus future positioning, however, in the links from @KAS-118 above the following extract actually gave me some incredible optimism that Geely does indeed value the Lotus heritage and will build on it. Also, the branding guys are the same that they used for Volvo, so they will have little latency in working with Geely and they have actually done a great job with Volvo and the new Volvo products.

I predict that we will see two product streams - one driver focused based on the motorsport heritage and one more GT/Lux focused playing on the Motorsport / legacy.

I hope!

"Feng Qingfeng, CEO of Lotus Cars said, “Lotus is an iconic brand that has become part of the lexicon of racing and performance sports cars throughout our history.” He added that the brand is now looking to build on its legacy and expand the appeal of the Lotus brand.

According to Peter Horbury, head of design for Geely, Lotus’ parent company, it believes Lynxeye is the best partner to help them achieve the goal of being a leading global luxury brand. The agency previously worked with Geely to reposition Volvo, which led to “amazing commercial results” Horbury said."

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 30/10/2018 at 22:54, Spinney said:

Yes it is isn’t it. 🤫😉 I may be quite wrong, of course, but the snippet did come from a very reliable inside source and if it proves to be the case, could tempt me out of my GT410. Only time will tell. 😄

If the GT430 wasn’t your preferred option before opting for the GT410, not sure how the new super/hypercar will manage to?

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

2 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

If the GT430 wasn’t your preferred option before opting for the GT410, not sure how the new super/hypercar will manage to?

The GT430 isn’t sufficiently different to the GT410 to warrant the additional cost, in my view. A new Esprit, however, if it turns out anything like I’ve been told................... 

• Like 1

More out of the bag...... ;)

The small print.

9 hours ago, Spinney said:

The GT430 isn’t sufficiently different to the GT410 to warrant the additional cost, in my view. A new Esprit, however, if it turns out anything like I’ve been told................... 

Bit of difference in price for the new supercar compared to GT410 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

That may be so but unlike the 430, it won’t be anything like the 410. Cost isn’t the issue for me here so if I like what I see in the new car, I will most likely go for it. 

With the 410 purchase, I just couldn’t see the sense in paying another £15k or so for a car that to me doesn’t seem very much different. Some might argue the 410 isn’t so very different to the 400, so why pay more for that? Again that may well be true, but I happen to prefer the 430 style front end so, for me, there was no contest when choosing between the two. 

I completely understand my choices may not make much sense to you, nor others, but who ever said buying any car of this type was sensible? 😉

• Like 2

On 02/11/2018 at 07:04, Spinney said:

but who ever said buying any car of this type was sensible?

Not my missus and that's for sure and she has no idea even now how much I spent on MY 410.

• Haha 1

The small print.

What will Hethel be making for the next 3 years? I reckon the current line-up of models (Elise/Exige/Evora) will soldier on that long in some form or other, before they tool up for a clean-sweep of new models . I can't see them making/selling more than 2000 cars per year at Hethel during that time, so things will remain pretty much the same for the time-being. What do you think?

Same same not different, but maybe just maybe the Exige production may come to an end by the end of 2019 beginning of 2020. Evora and Elise to continue with product upgrades, possibly phasing out the Toyota engines for their Geely's counterparts if a business case can be made proving it will cost less.

8 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

What will Hethel be making for the next 3 years? I reckon the current line-up of models (Elise/Exige/Evora) will soldier on that long in some form or other, before they tool up for a clean-sweep of new models . I can't see them making/selling more than 2000 cars per year at Hethel during that time, so things will remain pretty much the same for the time-being. What do you think?

I agree; in fact, I think there's a definite danger of things starting to look and feel a little stale unless they begin to drip feed details of what's to come. I appreciate that's a balancing act, however, as Lotus will not want current potential customers to think, 'That looks incredible - I'll wait for that!' Lotus may well suffer in the sales department, for a while, until the 'next generation' start arriving.  I hope I'm wrong about that but unless there are some substantial upgrades on the way it looks like there will be a calm before the media/sales storm to come.

Evora Roadster anyone? I know, I know - it's never going to happen; I need to get over it! 😭

• Like 1