Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SOUP - My new series about my Series 2 - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

SOUP - My new series about my Series 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Crumbs chief! I just watched Edd China's latest video and at about 2:50 my series is [unwittingly] described almost exactly! 

George

• Like 1

there's room for more than one mate, so many different ways anybody can do something and you seem to be executing in a way which is almost universally liked so I wouldn't worry just do your thing!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did you notice my cat like reflexes? Swift as grasshopper... to absolutely shit my pantaloons.  :sofa:

Hey if anyone has an opinion on the bulkhead glass fit I'd love to know. I mean even if it isn't the factory job, the devil may care rough cut around the seatbelt aperture is a load of balls anyway :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You were on it last night Bibs :) thanks mate! I may have had a post posting beverage as a celebration (tough episode to produce) so it's catch up this morning. TLF came through again with the gents providing the interior photos for reference, so good to be able to reach out!

What did you think of the car collection, I haven't been able to show half of it. That AC towards the end is something else.

• Like 1

There are 6 Bibs's, I think that one was East Coast USA - it's necessary for global coverage. :)

The car collection is incredible, I hope they all get used! You can keep the Morgan btw, they really don't do it for me :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Bronx Bibs :D He don't suffer no mooks.

I got really excited just then until I remembered your not the Aero8 owner. I will have one, and I'll come round yours and you won't know which eye to look at.

Never been in an Aero8, but my former colleague still has a 1991 +8 (Rover) 3.9 litre, which he bought new as one of the last pre-cat cars. He was a serial Morgan owner back in the day when you had to wait 5 years for delivery, so he would collect one car and place his order for the next one at the same time.

There seems to be a real knack for getting the best out of them. With his long experience, he always drove it fast and smoothly. However, when he lent it to me for a couple of days, I found it recalcitrant to say the least: very binary accelerator pedal, impossible hand-brake, cramped cockpit, awkward controls, fiddly hood, etc. Bloody fast and deafeningly loud though! 

Definitely one of those cars I enjoy most from the passenger seat!

Thats great, I put a pre cat 3.9 in my Range Rover and I loved it but it lost compression after 600 miles. I'd already decided it wasn't right for my travels and off it went to a Triumph Stag owner. Same engine as in the Vogue in fact, very simple hotwire setup that needs only a 12v feed. I don't remember having any issue with the throttle in the RR but then it's not like I was driving it for throttle feel, or expecting sports car responsiveness. The Aero 8 is a whole other car of course, bonded alu chassis like the Elise, no anti roll bars and no wooden frame. In fact I think it was the first all new Morgan since the '60's. To be honest for a man who wants one, I (as yet) know very little about them. I'm saving that journey of exploration for a treat.

On 5/25/2017 at 11:39, GTK said:

Hey if anyone has an opinion on the bulkhead glass fit I'd love to know.

Thats factory original. It's called Betaseal and is used for Windscreen and Rear Bulkhead Glass Fitment.

Mine rather loosely followed the line of the glass.

:) 

• Like 1

It's getting there......

Thanks Tim, I was hoping that wasn't the case.

I'm slowly starting to understand the reputation, and a friend (non car guy) who watched the latest episode sheepishly commented that you could see the car wasn't put together so well. It's exciting though. I'm not so prepared to make modifications but putting it back together with more care than was originally taken will be an even more satisfying thing. Just have to get that far :lol:

• 3 weeks later...