Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Did / Will Barry Buy this ? - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Did / Will Barry Buy this ?

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Bit of t-cut required on this e-type :) £12.5k

s-l500.jpg

Coupla' days..............

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I wasn't poking at the car, I started my car obsession with [edit] proper Minis, I still own one and always will. It's more how the seller has worded the description. 

For the record I think Minis are shockingly underpriced in relation to how nuts the classic car market has gotten. But I'm not complaining. 

• Like 1

The good thing about the mini is that so many had been produced over the years, which will always keep prices sensible,  good money for fully restored ones like any other classic. 

Most young lads years ago bought one and plenty cut their knuckles on them as their first project/car to be used when they passed their test. 

Fun cars to drive and can be made to go plenty quick .

As you said Alan,  you can build a brand new one with every bit still made today,  wish that was the same with the Esprit lol. :P

A

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

Just to be slightly less p*ss taking, I have two proper (I refuse to say "classic") Minis, one 1979 and one 1983 and the price they would fetch if I sold them is ridiculous. So even as a project I bet this one will go for a surprisingly high amount. You can get everything for these, complete body shells, subframes, almost every component. Every year the supply of Minis for restoration  is getting scarcer and even Barry should not sneer at this one...

I’ve seen log books and chassis plates for minis exchange hands for over £500. Make it a mk1 cooper and it’s at least double that. 

So doesn’t in one but surprise me that one - I know where a fair few minis are local to me in similar states

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Don't know what they cost over there, but expensive over here I think?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

1 hour ago, GTK said:

ah c'mon now, those are relatively early cars in pristine nick

5 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Fun cars to drive and can be made to go plenty quick .

Hmmm. The '79 is totally original, 34k miles from new and the '83 is an MG Metro Turbo engined project.

I guess I have the best of both worlds then!

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• 3 weeks later...

That doesn't look too bad. The doors remind me of a Vector. It would have been better as a wedge design, the rounded front and rear wheelarches don't seem to match the angular doors. And the interior layout is terrible...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.