Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
EPROM IDs list - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

EPROM IDs list

Giniw

Hello Everyone,

Is there a known list of the EPROM IDs to identify them for sure? It would be handy to know what chip is in the car, if it's an official Lotus one or a modified version, if possible by who it has been done, etc.

As for me, I think the ECU has been opened since the wire seal is cut but I haven't opened it myself yet.

According to Esprimon, my EPROM ID is 6CE5. Is it the Lotus official EPROM for an S4s?

Thanks in advance! :)

EDIT: well apparently 6CE5 is probably not a stock EPROM ... unless there are several versions ... Any help would appreciated to identify it!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If I understand well there has been several of them, the 1496 being the later one (also know as the mark 5 revision)? Does that mean there were 4 official EPROM revisions before that one? (so 5 in total?)

What are the official EPROM IDs?

(For your information, the 6CE5 version is unknown to PUK Esprit Racing, so it's not one of theirs apparently)

Thank you Ian :)

I will soon have a look at the ECU itself. If it's confirmed it has been chipped, I hope it has been done properly so that it's easy to revert to a stock chip ... and I hope the 6CE5 is not a stupid/dangerous modification ...

Anyway, would someone send me the 1496 binary dump so that I can compare the latest official and mine to check what the differences are? (or at least to check if there are a lot of differences or just a few bytes, as I know it's "a bit" hard to understand ^^)
Thanks in advance!

Most Info about the PROM ID's can be found in the partslists, however it is not all conclusive

What car do you have? It looks like to be a S4s according to your post.

According to the partsmanual the EPROM ID for the S4s is 5269 - $1495, however I have never seen this one. AFAIK the PROM ID for the S4s is 5270 - $1496.

The $6CE5 you mention is unknown to me and does also not ring a bell to me. I guess it is a modified one.

The first 2 bytes in the EPROM are the ID number bytes.

(The $ sign denotes a hexadecimal value).

Esprit Freak

Oh, really it's in the parts manual?! I didn't even think to look for that info there, thank you! (Indeed I have a S4s)

I will soon open the ECU to check visually if there are any hints. I just hope I won't find a badly soldered chip ...

• 2 months later...

Thanks @MrDangerUS, funny you dug out the topic just now as I removed my ECU yesterday!

Anyway, strangely the two silver tape seals which secure the plate cover of my EPROM look intact, so that would mean my EPROM binary is an official one?! It's strange the ID is unknown to everyone though?! (6CE5)

On the other hand, there is a wire seal which is cut instead of the fourth screw (see the green arrow, the wire seal is not visible on the photo obviously) which holds the connectors onto the metallic case ... I haven't tried to open it yet, I would prefer to have a few advices before ... Is it possible to replace the chip on the ECU by opening it from the connector side?!

Any ideas? Is there somebody to contact at Lotus to confirm my EPROM is an official safe one?

tape seal 1.jpg

tape seal 2.jpg

cut wire seal.jpg

@Barrykearley > Do you mean you had an official S4s chip on a S4 car enclosed under an official seal?! :D

@Chillidoggy > Nope I haven't got any answer from Sailorbob but I must admit I haven't asked him any question yet! (I made a lot of other things instead of sorting that ECU mystery in the meantime). Yes I will probably end up opening the access plate but it's a pity that I will lose my warranty! :ermm: (Poor little pristine ECU ... :D)

• Gold FFM

Rip that fricking sticker off and get your beady eyes inside.

yep - my S4 had a sealed s4s ecu fitted - who only knows when that found itself inside. Lotus archives guy reckoned I’d find some interesting differences in tithe car since it was build to a different spec at the time

Only here once

On 2017/8/29 at 00:28, Giniw said:

If I understand well there has been several of them, the 1496 being the later one (also know as the mark 5 revision)? Does that mean there were 4 official EPROM revisions before that one? (so 5 in total?)

What are the official EPROM IDs?

(For your information, the 6CE5 version is unknown to PUK Esprit Racing, so it's not one of theirs apparently)

The EPROM ID on my car(MY 1996 S4S non-USA version) is 1497, I still need to send the calibration of 1497 to @sailorbob to see the difference.

@pan > Oh, that's interesting, that would make a mk6 revision?!

Would you send it to me too when you send it to @sailorbob please? (I am still looking for the 1496 common version by the way!) Not that I am very good in 68HC11 assembly language but I did a few things in Motorola 68K years ago so I thought it would be fun to disassemble my Lotus binaries. Well, fun ... maybe ... hard to understand for sure! :ph34r: — I never went very far with my Elan M100 disassembly ... Anyway, that might help me to decipher a few things if I had several versions of the binary dump! Thanks in advance!

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 17:50, Giniw said:

@pan > Oh, that's interesting, that would make a mk6 revision?!

Would you send it to me too when you send it to @sailorbob please? (I am still looking for the 1496 common version by the way!) Not that I am very good in 68HC11 assembly language but I did a few things in Motorola 68K years ago so I thought it would be fun to disassemble my Lotus binaries. Well, fun ... maybe ... hard to understand for sure! :ph34r: — I never went very far with my Elan M100 disassembly ... Anyway, that might help me to decipher a few things if I had several versions of the binary dump! Thanks in advance!

If you feel you need a challenge, how about a fix so the DI Module doesn't throw up a check engine light!

• Thanks 1

Margate Exotics.

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2017 at 08:58, pan said:

The EPROM ID on my car(MY 1996 S4S non-USA version) is 1497, I still need to send the calibration of 1497 to @sailorbob to see the difference.

Have you? What's the verdict?

Does anyone have S300 BIN file? What's the difference comparing to 1497 ?

Edited by MrDangerUS

MrDangerUS

• 1 month later...
On 12 January 2018 at 23:17, MrDangerUS said:

Have you? What's the verdict?

Does anyone have S300 BIN file? What's the difference comparing to 1497 ?

Hello Danger,

I have not put out the chip#6 yet(and it is very difficult to unplug the ECU, it is stuck), but I will do that when I replace a new fuel pump. the fuel pump is coming to me now.

Pan