Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Detailing result - Detailing - Sponsored by ValetPro - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Detailing result

• Gold FFM

Mmmust admit she looks rather good. What does a full detail like that cost down your way Dan. Up here with a ceramic finish and about 8 hours work it comes in about £550 that was with a very good finish and highly specked.

• Like 1

Wow! Dan your car looks absolutely stunning mate, never get it painted as you can't replace patina.

Looks like best in show? Bet it grabbed some attention?

Certainly a good motivation tool!

Dave :) 

• Like 2

Do or do not, there is no try! 

My wife loves the Porsche too, was that an original or reproduction? Does look nice but no comparison to your Dry Sump mate!

£700 well spent as that figure does not go far in a body shop these days. 

• Gold FFM

It is every women I know  fav car, the 356 not the Lotus. That was original and the only porker I will ever own apart from a 928 GTS. 

Got to say £700 is a lot of money, but I do not regret a penny of it, respray is what 8k so complete deal and I love the fact it is original. I thoroughly recommend Mark and thanks to @Bibs for the recommendation. 

Best in show for me, MK1 RS2000 which was lovely and a full rally spec Turbo 2 Renault all mastic and plastic windows loved that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

That looks great. You should be really proud.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Cheers Mike. I love the Ice Blue, but I think the looks of the JPS will always have the best look. They just seem to look lower and more sharply defined than any other colour and with the Gold pin striping it just seems to accentuate the lines even more.

Not saying I like Dan's car more but, :sofa:  

Ice baby is currently in storage at friends until I get time and space. Man that's frustrating.

Needs interior, fuel tanks, brakes, tires, bushes, usual belts, tensioner, water pump. Probably waste gate, turbo and electric's, rear bulkhead. And that's only for starters. Long term storage doesn't (9 years) suit all cars, especially if not done properly.

15732530_1187403821314116_4585194188922689780_o.jpg

15732568_1187403501314148_2330098917018919433_o.jpg

• Like 2

I am with John on the colour of G Turbos, although an Essex fan black/gold make the car look so sleek and mean business like. The black one on eBay which Mike nearly bought has the same effect. 

IMG_0636.JPG.502b225ea75ec3bde4326f8c75457768.JPG

Ebay car

IMG_1948.JPG.8fc4b6a3c6d40cca92f4b8af9f833714.JPG

Mike's old Turbo at Haynes

IMG_2301.thumb.JPG.ac3476f3a497c566246d374919544e97.JPG

Stu's beautiful Active car

IMG_1473.JPG.75fa74094b88be4ccba6c0085e5d8e4f.JPG

Even the JPS S2 has the effect

59a3d7c5a95f2_FIRSTTURBO.jpg.2285b43c0070a6d8f393bdd2283b97d9.jpg

My old Turbo but never had quite the effect as being a 1984 car never had the two thick gold stripes.

IMG_0637.JPG.69d639ed58c77ad91a5364601e2bcbab.JPG

Although none as attractive as Dan's show stopper, black is without doubt a colour to accentuate guigario's design lines, must be the way everything matches in like door frames, handles, trim and tyres?

IMG_0638.thumb.JPG.2f5264adfffabbf1173b1f06e5a37fdd.JPGIMG_0639.JPG.df1f24f3141ca9079dce0a3d9da0b8d4.JPG

Does not look quite so good on the S1 or S3 for some reason?

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Dan I had full intentions of doing the Goodyear lettering but I am in the office today then, fly out to Germany in the morning till late Thursday so I just don't think I will get the time 

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

Now there is a story behind that, I got an email out of the blue from Google, obviously didn't believe it but turned out to be true. Went up to their London office which is trying a little bit too hard, but wifey had dropped me off at the station and I had left my laptop bag in the car. So I had nothing with me not even a pen. 

Get invited in to a meeting room with at least 20 people all with Macs linking to about 5 screens and I was like what the f&£k. So it turned out I had done an art installation for the Olympics and they had discovered it and I was now in the front line for a Google Plus and Converse installation in Hoxton. I had to borrow a pen and paper, completely out of my depth. 

So got a designer I know to jump in and we built this "thing" in 6 days for them in Hoxton Gallery and that was the sign outside the front door. Interestingly I never went to a meeting with less than 10 people. Then 2 weeks later ripped it all and stuck it in a skip. Next day they phone and say where is your invoice and it was paid within one hour. Different world! 

Done a few other jobs in their Campus then never heard a thing from them again. Weird 

I

• Like 1