Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Detailing result - Page 2 - Detailing - Sponsored by ValetPro - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Detailing result

• Gold FFM

Chuck Hack or something, I can't really remember sure you can find it on Google. The other one was the Movement Cafe Greenwich, all very odd  but good fun at the time. 

Sounds really interesting and surreal but nothing surprises me with google! I loved the internship move when it came out and thought what a cool company.

Still nice sign and memory. ?

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• Gold FFM

Dave they have so much money I think 60% of the people do nothing apart from wander around in strange hats. It's a totally different world which I am not sure is great. Still, I have a bit of wood to remember it by. 

• Haha 1

Dan,  Shame you did not get your detailer bloke to put the tyre stickers on as he seems the sort of bloke that would of enjoyed that sort of thing if he paints wheels bolts and such like :)

A

• Gold FFM

Bollocks just took the cover off after getting back from Germany and it looks like there must have been some grit in it, now got some scratches on the bonnet, I am genuinely devastated. I dont have time to look at it now but looks like another trip down to Tonbridge. Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks and of course bollocks. 

• Sad 1

I do believe bollocks would be soft enough to polish out those scratches!.............

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Danny,

I think it is time to get some real good information on detailing and buy the right products (so not just every wonder wax presented on detailforums).

If you have a car detailed that good, on a black (mirrorshine) paint the only way to go is less good and I mean, every first small scratch is visible a hundred times clearer then it was on a moderate paint.

But the good thing is : With the right product, a scratch (of course not one that went through the paint) can disappear within 10 minutes of your time. Even if you do not have a polishing machine, with some elbow grease

For example : I can take a scotchbride pad, wipe over a fresh mirrorfinish paint to mat it out on a small piece (no shine anymore) and make it mirrorshine again within minutes....

So dont panic. The real deal is working that magic on a whole car; That takes a lot of time and preparation, but that was done already.

I love professional   3M perfect it products : take the middle one extra fine + , use it with a foam rubbing pad and whipe with a clean soft quality detailing cloth. Ones the scratch is gone protect the paint again with a wax ( any wax will do, it is just protection)

This 3M line is used in professional shops. I am no professional,but I know my way around paint since I have been airbrushing in the past, And years ago I painted my 1970 Opel GT(with automotive 2 comp lacquer ) After 1 week I did sand the complete car with sandpaper 1200 and 2000 until complete matte, and then polished it to mirrorfinish highgloss wit a rotary machine and 3M perfect it products. This technique is colorsanding and takes away all orangepeel,or whobbling in the paint. I mean , If a complete matted car can be polished to mirrorshine again, a scratch can be removed also.....

I have it always in the garage.

Edited by gvy

• Gold FFM

Geert,

to be fair I will be able to get them out but just really annoying I only put the cover on (the first time ever) as I was in Germany for the week and knew i wouldn't have time to wash it when I got back before the festival.

The chap who detailed is sending me the products to use and I am going to be extra careful washing it from now on. I was just gutted this morning should have just left the cover off in hindsight. 

Dan 

Danny - or you could do what I do :sofa:

I was thinking maybe I should do something similar - no not scratch it, get it detailed - to see how Monaco white would come up. But maybe not !

On a pearl white car, believe me, a good wash and detail is amazing.  I suspect that on a flat white, the result would still be pretty amazing as the white will grey over time. Do it. I love white Esprits.......

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Chris, I agree with these chaps, you should really give it a go. The chap I use does mobile service. You won't regret it I promise you. Best money I have spent in a long time until I scratched it. Has pissed me off all day to be honest

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

On a pearl white car, believe me, a good wash and detail is amazing.  I suspect that on a flat white, the result would still be pretty amazing as the white will grey over time. Do it. I love white Esprits.......

You dont have to persuade me. Love white esprits too.

Its just, I have a dark green opel gt with pearl white racing stripes. While all swirls are visible on the dark color, they never are on the pearl white. White is just more forgiving

• Gold FFM

Bibs did he, god bless him it's properly given me the arse all day. Especially as the recycling is in there and I am now drinking beer try to not notice it. Am I on his stand or the TLF? 

I am so happy I am going to have another beer, honestly he done such an astonishing job I am sort of scared to even touch it in a good way. 

• Like 1

Does it come with added stones :)

Enjoy tomorrow - I'm off at 5am to Slovenia to drive my Peugeot back!

• Gold FFM

Chris, if you get it done by Mark and if you have any complaints whatsoever you pick the restaurant and we will have lunch on me. If not you admit leather interiors rock ?

• Haha 1

@mark hur is going to have a look at my Excel first.

The Esprit has never been polished* and I really don't want to have to start now, I'd much rather drive it.

* by me.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

@mark hur is going to have a look at my Excel first.

The Esprit has never been polished* and I really don't want to have to start now, I'd much rather drive it.

* by me.

It's not just me then :thumbsup:

Only here once