Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 61 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

There’s a page missing. The original spreadsheet that was posted up also had a UK RHD ownership record. Hopefully it’s retrievable.

That one looks less complete than the UK one that was on this thread. The one on this thread also had the member name and if the side glass windows were sold cf or real glass.

On 11/04/2023 at 08:10, blindside said:

There’s a page missing. The original spreadsheet that was posted up also had a UK RHD ownership record. Hopefully it’s retrievable.

I've just checked and the original (from @Xynagy) is as uploaded in the previous link on Google Drive and uploaded directly below. 

Liste GT430.xls

• Thanks 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Sheet looks to be an old version as things had been updated that are not on it now.

On 09/04/2023 at 13:16, blindside said:

The car will be used for some touring over the Summer. I’ve previously struggled to find a protective solution for the front carbon splitter, which is a thing of engineering beauty; hard to source & very expensive to replace if cracked or badly damaged. Even with care the low ground clearance means it is always very vulnerable to underside scraping on poor/uneven road surfaces. 
I’ve tried using butyl rubber roofing tape as a ‘sacrificial layer’ to take some of the strain. It’s a cheap cost effective measure, but replacing the tape when it gets ripped is a time consuming messy job. 
I carefully stripped all of the tape off and based on favourable reviews have fitted this product: https://sliplo.shop/products/diy-kit

At £90 a pop for bits of sticky plastic it is not cheap, but hopefully it will significantly reduce any impact damage to the underside of the splitter. 

7681F9A5-61F4-4E63-A6CC-05825441BF22.jpeg

That reminds me of the rear arch trim piping thats on the Seven

Something like this - https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/wing-piping-per-metre?gclid=CjwKCAjw0N6hBhAUEiwAXab-TfPesvCRhCwLracVrBSGB3YM2ztzGjvu17YCCEvb13rx-3egL_W8QhoC19MQAvD_BwE 

• 4 weeks later...

Had their ad up for awhile but can't seem to be bothered to take any pics of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

First wash since becoming the latest custodian…off to Wales for a few days touring with SCD. 

61E1C58D-83EF-4578-ACF2-BE8A081A17A4.jpeg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Looking for guidance on taking the GT430 on track. The exhaust on mine has the vales open all the time, anyone know the static-test db produced?
Donington have a drive-by limit, anyone been there with the GT430? 
thanks. 

A804A11B-F2F9-445C-949A-5EE273B141E2.jpeg

Try pming @The Pits, if anyone knows, he will I am sure.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

This thread should provide all the info you need @Gazm  Exige 410/430 has similar stock exhaust configuration/exactly the same engine noise. To guarantee a solution for most if not all UK circuits you will need to change the exhaust.

• Like 1