Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF GT430 Club - Page 8 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF GT430 Club

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats and welcome to TLF. I think we’re up to seven GT430 owners here now which must be some kind of record.

Looks stunning in purple, would love to know the story behind that and what inspired it.

No plans for Le Mans classic at the moment but sounds like as good an idea for a trip. Enjoy!

4 hours ago, Trevleg said:

Are any of the GT430s going to LM24hr or Classic this year if so maybe arrange a meet up there with some of the European ones ones just picked up my Purple one on Monday its very nice :-) taking it to France on Sunday for a long drive after the runing in service headlight beam seem a bit lower than the 400 or its my eyesight 

Trevor

There is quite a lot of adjustment in the 400 headlights.  Mine were originally very low.  The kind people at Stratton adjusted them up to the max allowed for an MOT test and they are much better - brilliant in fact.  I do occasionally get flashed though by oncoming traffic.

Greg

Nah. It's because he is in an Evora and people recognise class from afar!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 10/01/2018 at 09:17, Trevleg said:

Are any of the GT430s going to LM24hr or Classic this year if so maybe arrange a meet up there with some of the European ones ones just picked up my Purple one on Monday its very nice :-) taking it to France on Sunday for a long drive after the runing in service headlight beam seem a bit lower than the 400 or its my eyesight 

Hello Trevor and welcome to TLF !

Where are you planning to travel across France this WE ?

Once in RACE mode, hold RACE down again to turn the DPM system off. All safety systems will be off apart from ABS brakes. You will have now have TC set to level 1 which allows up to 1% rear wheel slip before it cuts the ignition. From here you use the + and - buttons to increase or decrease slip, with level 5 being the most sideways at 12% slip. This is a lot! Press again to turn everything off or RACE or SPORT to go back to Lotus DPM (Dynamic Performance Management).

Its a track thing really, I can’t think of a sensible use for it on the road.

• Like 1

Can a 430 owner with the wider rear wheels do me a favour please?

can you measure the distance between the tyre and the diffuser at the rear, bottom inside edge to diffuser. Also the  distance between the tyre and the wheel arch liner at the rear, top outside edge to wheel arch.

TIA

2 hours ago, The Pits said:

Once in RACE mode, hold RACE down again to turn the DPM system off. All safety systems will be off apart from ABS brakes. You will have now have TC set to level 1 which allows up to 1% rear wheel slip before it cuts the ignition. From here you use the + and - buttons to increase or decrease slip, with level 5 being the most sideways at 12% slip. This is a lot! Press again to turn everything off or RACE or SPORT to go back to Lotus DPM (Dynamic Performance Management).

Its a track thing really, I can’t think of a sensible use for it on the road.

Thanks for that I’ll give it go tomorrow now it use less fuel when not in Race mode and below 4500rpm ! 

I went to the shops and back in normal mode it was showing 9-10 l per 100kms instead of 16-18 l so maybe it’s possible to get 400 km from the 50 litre

I loved my 400 even after 2 years sad to see it go very good car. This is a great car as it should be for the price it feels like the chassis could take another 100hp easy 

33 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Did you go in a standard Shuttle carriage, or is that a wider one for larger vehicles? Any ground clearance issues?

Was just wondering the same thing. Planning for lemans classic already and a little concerned about the gte wheels on the channel!

Cheers Gav 

Use the high load shuttle carriage otherwise you risk damaging the rims in the car one. The 'kerbs' are higher than the low profile tyre depth. Same cost but you need book to get the right boarding hanger.

Edited by Bruss
Sppellig
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, 21gg said:

Was just wondering the same thing. Planning for lemans classic already and a little concerned about the gte wheels on the channel!

Cheers Gav 

I went in wide lorry bit always do Eurotunnel metal curbs are dangerous Always do this after a few years ago I damaged Diamond cut wheels on my RS6 I have been through last year with DB11 and Mclaren and they put all sports cars in wide carriage now as they have been in trouble with clients.

Brittany Ferries also put expensive sports cars alone away from fat people opening doors and squeezing in denting your door or wing  

Trev