Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Track friendly Evora exhaust? - Page 3 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Track friendly Evora exhaust?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Does the Evora 400 system  fit the Exige 380 ?  Also is there a choice of end pipes eg. Twin pipes ?

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Excellent.  When the exhaust is open how would you say it compares  to the Evora 400 howl ...which I love btw ?

In an ideal world I would love to keep the noise for road and then a sensible level for track use.  

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Has anyone used the Komotec "plug in" silencer for track use?

Does it just push in?  How is it secured? Does it feel secure? Does it cause any scratching to the standard pipe as it is pushed in and out?

What dB levels have people seen when using this pipe?

Thanks

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/miscellaneous/exterior/db-eater-kt-track-v6

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/04/2022 at 10:32, sunbeamgls said:

Has anyone used the Komotec "plug in" silencer for track use?

Does it just push in?  How is it secured? Does it feel secure? Does it cause any scratching to the standard pipe as it is pushed in and out?

What dB levels have people seen when using this pipe?

Thanks

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/miscellaneous/exterior/db-eater-kt-track-v6

You need to drill a hole through your exhaust tip. The tube of the 'bung' slips inside the exhaust and has a captive nut. Line the nut up with the hole and secure with a bolt

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Phaeton91 said:

Can I ask which tracks you would recommend given the noise limits and/or which organisers?  Cheers. 

Silverstone, Donington {which has noisy days up tp 108dB} and Goodwood {occasionally has 105dB} through Goldtrack. Hethel through Lotus on Track. Also Castle Combe but that is by invitation via a car club. So not loads of options but enough to keep things interesting 

On 11/06/2022 at 18:28, Gadzooks said:

I have not used it as I've been selective about picking tracks but it is supposed to take 2 or 3 dB off

Thank you, might just squeeze under 105dB then.

• Like 1