Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Exige 380 ordered - Page 4 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New Exige 380 ordered

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What did the detailer think of the paintwork before he started his magic on it?

Looks stunning.

When do you pick the car up?

Tail end of the month or early May I’d think - I agreed to leave it in the showroom for their open/launch day next weekend. My soon to be theirs 350 Sport will be getting picked up on Tues to be there too.

I might be in Edinburgh Monday, mind if I take a good look at the car?

Yes no problem Paul. Just don’t touch it:lol:

Seriously though I promised my other half she will be first to sit in it now it’s all detailed....so Ian is under strict instructions to keep it locked.:thumbsup:

No nothing as drastic as just sitting in the car, no just a quick blast around the Borders and back again. No one would notice!:lol:

• Haha 2

I'll remember to bring my x-ray specs then!B-)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you can get a full PPF done on an Exige for €2000 then I’d bite their hand off - I only got the front clam and sides under the doors done and it was over £1000. Very happy with the work done though and all pieces were pre-cut tailor made for the car.

Just had my Carbon Fibre sills ppf’d and was £50 but quoted me £250 for the front nose clam, although ppf on it is still immaculate. Nice to know though 

I was looking, (not touching) at your car today. The ppf is really cleverly done, you have to look really carefully to see it. 

• Like 2

The main problem with PPF is the level of the guy in charge to install it. It seems that in UK you have qualified persons to do it. if someone knows good addresses in FR, CH, DE, please share :)

5 hours ago, Alan H said:

I was looking, (not touching) at your car today. The ppf is really cleverly done, you have to look really carefully to see it. 

Ha - but....did you like the car though?🤔🤞

Where was the car when you saw it? In the workshop or in the showroom Alan? There will still be a few bubbles visible but apparently they can take up to around 4 weeks to disappear completely.......and not to be touched until they’ve gone. The join on the edge of the front clam is my favourite part and very impressive how it’s done.👏

• Gold FFM
On 23/04/2018 at 10:47, stephenwhyte said:

It’s been a long wait to take delivery for many reasons but now in workshop to get new shortened front number plate bracket fitted - all going well I should be able to fit in pick up for first weekend in May. Can’t wait 😎

3D58394F-D412-4FF9-9062-82980AC9A286.jpeg

Get it to duxford and rack up some run in miles 

Only here once

17 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Get it to duxford and rack up some run in miles 

If I had a pound for all the suggestions I’ve had for run-in mileage destinations I’d almost have enough to be able to afford to pay for it!😉 I’d be more inclined to go to the Lotus Festival at Brands Hatch - is that on this year?

You can guarantee one thing though......I will take the longest to cover the run-in mileage and be the most overly careful owner of any Exige sold to date - I’ll try and drive it though.....promise😄

The problem with PPF is while it does protect your car, it also collects dirt around the edges.

I PPF-ed the whole front of my 370z Nismo, for £1200. At the time it was a brilliant idea cause I wanted to keep the car for 3-5 years, but in hindsight I should have thought harder. Would''ve loved to have £1200 in my pocket right now towards the Lotus but that wasn't an option then. I have noticed 3 or 4 bits missing where road debris has hit it, some as big as a grain of rice! The paint underneath seems perfectly fine, so that's good!

If you want, I can take some pics of my dirty edges ( No funny business here ;) ) just so you get an idea of what to expect and to try and avoid it.

Also sod off with that car, its rubbish and I hate it, better just give it to me to look after xD

• Like 1