Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige 380 Cup - Register - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige 380 Cup - Register

mark248am

Mark, a tip if you want ..., take as an example the table of the V6 CUP Register so you have the possibility to insert some more data ... what do you say ?

No.      Year       Colour                           Owner

15 minutes ago, razad said:

Where did you find the build number?

Plug your VIN number here http://vsic.lotuscars.com/

You'll see a serial number, mine is 0074 which I am guessing is my car number out of a total of 80 which they built

14 minutes ago, NANO said:

Mark, a tip if you want ..., take as an example the table of the V6 CUP Register so you have the possibility to insert some more data ... what do you say ?

No.      Year       Colour                           Owner

They would all be model year 2018 since they only built 80 of them and they were all sold out in a week.

My VIN has 0094 last 4 digits, October delivery UK car

You will need the Certicate of Vehicle Provenance.

Available from Lotus for a fee, email Andy Graham, the company archivist.

So I sent the following email to Lotus a few days ago:

Hey, I've got a 380 Cup and wanted to know how I could find my cars build number. My car's serial number is 0074, does that mean my car is build #74 out of 80?

They just responded to me with the following:

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

The original press release indicated that 60 would be built worldwide; the build plate fitted to your car would indicate that it is 1 of 60 (and not No.1 out of 60).

The serial number 0074 simply means it was the 74th Lotus unit built worldwide under the 2018 model year designation.

We are sorry but we are not currently in a position to be able to advise where your car comes in the sequence of Cup 380 build.

Regardless, we wish you every continued enjoyment with it; thank you for your custom.

So I'm confused. Didn't they build eighty 380 Cups? And why can't they tell me what number my car is? Weird.

Well I just emailed them back asking the following:

Hey thanks for the reply, two questions:

1) You eventually built 80 cars not 60 correct? If thats the case could I order a plate with 1/80 to replace my 1/60?
2) If I order a Certicate of Vehicle Provenance, would it display what number my car build is?

20 hours ago, razad said:

Wonder why they didn't fit plates with the acual build number and not just 1 of 60.

I thought this too so asked and the reason they changed is that all other manufacturers list their limited editions this way, it's the industry standard. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

1 hour ago, 21gg said:

And you only need one plaque made x number  of times, not x number of individual plates.........I'm saying nothing!

What about the plates with "Handbuilt in England By"?

Did they do a run of just one name on them?

No I don't think they did, and the cost of 60 or 80 380 Cup plates numbered 1 of 60, 2 of 60 wouldn't have been that much difference in cost to just getting 60x 1 of 60 plates.

If I was getting a limited edition Lotus, I would not want 1 of 60 unless it was number 1. I would want my unique number.

• Like 1

2) If I order a Certicate of Vehicle Provenance, would it display what number my car build is?

yes it will.