Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Aftermarket 430 bumpers on the market already - Page 4 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Aftermarket 430 bumpers on the market already

I saw on elise-shop the front and rear bumper and the ducktail similar to gt-430. enlarging the images it seems to me that the pieces are quite similar to the original ones ... they seem to me to be made quite well... has anyone assembled them? how are they qualitatively? Are they OEM or difficult to assemble?

I'm dealing with an evora 400 and I'd like to assemble these pieces ...

As @C8RKH and @Bravo73 said on here Build quality seems pretty good and there are some little differences with OE in terms of design. Reading the US forum (lotus talks) where some folks bought them and fitted them it seems the fitting is quite easy and is almost plug and play for the bumpers with few easy adjustments to make. Go take a look there, you'll find plenty of feedbacks on S1 and 400.

• 2 months later...
On 08/02/2018 at 05:53, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Do the likes of McLaren, Ferrari and Lamborghini allow open season on people copying their current C/F body panels for sale?

Mercedes allows competitors to copy their F1 cars

• Haha 2

So the rear Bumper on the  410and 430 Look the same and (Oem) are Both carbon fibre Right?
If I was to take the paint off the 410 fully painted carbon fibre to reveal the carbon weave would it be a neat weave or as it was oem  Fully painted be a mess?

• Gold FFM

Yes, I thought that too. Looking on the DeRoure website it confirms that the GT410 doesn't have CF bumpers, but the federal GT does, along with the 430 of course.

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

6 hours ago, EuropaSman said:

Thx for your input you are right by the look on the parts site.

Do some of the gt 430 bumpers in carbon come fully painted then? 
I would Want to put the gt430 rear bumper on my n/a, it looks like I would need a  few exTra bits for fitment.

The Winace GT430 rear bumper comes complete with the diffuser and grill and to me is a great option at less than half the price all in than the Lotus one.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

? It looks identical.

17 hours ago, EuropaSman said:

Yes, I thought that too. Looking on the DeRoure website it confirms that the GT410 doesn't have CF bumpers, but the federal GT does, along with the 430 of course.

Federal GT has CF rear but not front as believe its the std 400 front.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!