Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Non standard coloured calipers - what you got?? - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Non standard coloured calipers - what you got??

15 minutes ago, Steve V8 said:

These were done by BCS, they were completely stripped, refinished, all hardware replaced with new, hardlines were removed (not painted) and we're returned in a bag, but not replaced.

DSC_0495.thumb.JPG.35a7a5f873784fbf9bbe4cbff70f29c3.JPG

Seems like a decent finish to me! Fair enough, I was going by what I saw on their site. 

Are you happy with them? What was the turn around like? I bought their yellow kit and did it myself but it's started to go a bit gross in places where I didn't manage to do quite a good job as I wanted to. This is on the list of things to do, when I get my wheels redone too.

It bugs me how they paint hard lines in their gallery/vids, but if you say they didnt then that's fine :) they have a special on atm, we'll see how flush I am with cash and maybe do it after a rough winter - if they don't bug me before then! 

• 1 month later...

You need to remove all hard lines for sure...that's at least what I did. There's no way to get a metallic caliper paint DIY-sprayed without having ugly paint runs etc.

Get it done from a professional paint shop and it'll look as beautifully as mine do:

GRFB2078_klein.jpg.3a0792e3b5a27a753fc8f5beb27d413b.jpg

Converted my EX 430 Roadster into a track tool and going to Spa-Francorchamps on March 16th.

Anyone joining?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi JPI, do you know what is the colour code on your calipers, and if the paint is heat protected ?

I am considering same mod on my Exige. 

I found a Foliatec kit with RAL 1036 colour but it seems to be darker.

Here is a before / after done with a software to give an idea, with same colour as JPI.

dsc_0512.jpg

dsc_0513.jpg

@Nico460 Honestly I would stay far away from any DIY kits like Foliatec stuff etc. for our cars?

But nice thread revival!  Why not pop over to the introduction section.   I see a Komotec EX460 roadster on Ohlins...no?

😉

Edited by Kristof Thys